🌻35🌻

He couldn't stop thinking

He knew it wasn't Jacob's fault that his ex kissed him, but he couldn't stop thinking about it.

He told Jacob it was okay and that he trusts him, and he does.

He believes him that she kissed him not the other way around.

But he couldn't stop thinking.

He sits mutely as his friend talk and laugh loudly around him, Jacob sitting next to him, his hand on his thigh.

Usually he'd be fine with it, but he didn't like it at the moment.

Lifting his leg that Jacob's hand is on and crossing over his other leg, he sighs quietly as Jacob keeps his hand in place.

Slowly pulling his leg away from Jacob, Jacob glances at him and hesitantly removes his hand from the boy's leg.

Troye sighs and shuts his eyes, hating the fact he could the feel the sadness practically radiating off his boyfriend.

Without a word, the little stands up and slips his bag over his shoulder before walking away.

"Tro, where're you going?" Alex calls.

"I have homework. I'll see you later."

Everyone looks at each other confused before shrugging and carrying on with their previous conversations.

Jacob stares down at the table for a minute before standing up and walking away from the group.

🌻

Knocking on the familiar door, Jacob groans internally as Lucas opens it.

The red haired male rolls his eyes, "What do you want?"

Jacob rolls his eyes back, "Use soap and water, idiot, the cum will come out of your precious t-shirt. Is Troye here?"

"No, he isn't. Maybe try the strip club, it's all the bitch is good for."

In one swift motion, Jacob grips the boy's collar and shoves him into the room.

Eventually hitting a desk on the far wall, knocking most of the items on it onto the floor, Lucas stares at Jacob fearfully.

"If you say one more goddamn thing about my boyfriend I'm going to rip you into tiny bits. Understood?"

Lucas nods vigorously.

"Good. Now where is Troye?"

"I-I don't know. He s-said something about the park."

Without another word, Jacob lets go of the younger male and rushes out of the dorm.

🌻

Jacob parks his car and shuts it off before getting out.

Seeing Troye on the familiar bench, he quietly walks up behind him.

"Hey, babe." Troye jumps and looks behind him before sighing and turning back to his phone.

Jacob sits next to him. "I thought you had homework."

Troye shrugs.

Jacob nods slowly and looks around, not knowing how to say what he wants to.

Eventually he just decides to go for it. "Can you tell me what's wrong, Tro? So I can fix whatever I did?"

Jacob asks, looking back at the little.

Troye shrugs, "Nothing's wrong, Jacob."

"Then why haven't you been talking to me? I haven't had a full conversation with you in almost a week. Not in person at least. We haven't kissed, we've barely even hugged. You don't like when I have my hand on your thigh anymore, you won't hold my hand. What did I do, baby?"

"You didn't do anything, Jacob," Troye states softly, refusing to make eye contact with the elder.

"Why are you upset then? You've been so down lately."

"It's not important."

"Yes, it is, Tro. Obviously it is if you're upset about it."

Troye squeezes his eyes shut and pulls his knees up to his chest.

"It's not important," he repeats, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Troye," Jacob whispers, moving closer to the smaller male.

"Please tell me what's wrong, honey."

"You're gonna be mad, Jacob."

"Why would I be mad?"

Troye sighs and wipes his cheeks. "I-I can't stop thinking about it."

"About what?"

"About her. I-I know you didn't kiss her back, but I can't stop thinking about."

Jacob shuts his eyes.

He had a feeling that that was why Troye's been upset, but he's been convincing himself that because Troye said it was okay, it had to be something else.

"Troye, I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize, Jacob. It's not your fault. I know that. I'm just upset because it...it made me think of my ex-boyfriend. He cheated on me with his ex. And I know you would never do that, that's why I didn't tell you I was upset about it because I didn't want you to get mad thinking that I thought you were going to cheat and then-"

"Hey, hey, hey, Tro, shhh..."

Troye cries as Jacob pulls him into his arms, "M'sorry, Jacob."

"Stop. You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I love you."

"I love you too. How about you stay at the house with me tonight?"

"I'm not saying no, but why?" Troye asks wiping his cheek as he pulls away to look at his boyfriend.

"Um...well, I might have stopped at your dorm before I came here. And Lucas might have been there-"

"Jacob, what'd you do?"

"-why do you assume I did something?"

Troye stares at him for a moment. "I might have shoved him into the desk. I'm not saying I did, but I might have."

"Jacob!" Tyler groans.

"In my defense! He called you a name."

"I don't care. You can't beat up my roommate."

"I didn't beat him up."

"But...?"

"I might have threatened to rip him into tiny bits if he said anything about you again."

"Dammit, Jacob, c'mon. Really?"

"I don't like when people talk bad about you! You're my fragile little baby! They can't get away with it!"

"Then let me handle it."

"You weren't there. Come on, let me protect you."

Troye rolls his eyes, "Whatever."

"Good. Now. Are we going back to the house or what? I haven't seen or touched your butt in almost a week, my eyes and hands are getting lonely."

Troye laughs, "You're such a fuck boy."

"You love it," Jacob grins, leaning down and playfully rubbing his nose against Troye's.