🌻39🌻

Hey Alex wanna go for lunch?

Sure

Meet at the diner in like 10 min

Troye sighs and stuffs his phone into his pocket before slipping on his shoes.

He pulls on Jacob's hoodie and leaves his dorm.

He makes a mental note to talk to someone about moving out of the dormitory building.

He walks down the road until he finally reaches the diner after a few minutes. It doesn't take long to get there from the dorms, but he told Alex ten minutes since he knew he would need time to calm his nerves before talking to him.

After ordering his drink as well as Alex's, Troye hears the doorbell chime.

He looks up and sees Alex walking over. He smiles as he sits down.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"What's the special occasion?"

"Why does there have to be a special occasion for me to invite my best friend out to lunch?" Troye chuckles, looking at the menu.

Alex sighs, his smile dropping slightly, "I saw the apartment papers, Tro."

Troye freezes. His smile drops slowly, as does the menu in his hands,

"W-what?"

"Yeah. I, uh, went to look for you earlier. I was gonna give you back your bag you left in my car. You weren't answering your phone, so I figured I'd just drop it off at your dorm. The papers were on your desk."

Troye doesn't reply, not really knowing what to say.

"Is that why you invited me to lunch?"

Troye nods. "Yeah," he says quietly. "I was gonna talk to you about it."

"You think I'd be mad or something?"

"Well, no. Not mad. Sad maybe."

"Well obviously I'm gonna be sad, Tro. You're moving almost an hour away. I won't get to see you as much. But I'm happy for you. You and Jacob are gonna have fun living together though."

"Jacob?"

"His name was on the paper."

"Oh. Right."

"It's okay, Tro. Why are you so glum?"

Troye shrugs, "It's scary."

Alex chuckles, "Yeah, I know. It's like starting college all over again, isn't it?"

Troye nods again, "Except this time, I don't have my dad shoving words down my throat on where I should stay or go instead."

Alex laughs, "Yeah. I don't miss your dad."

"Me either."

"Your mom is a saint though, god I've loved that woman since the day I met her. She treated me like a son."

Troye grins, thinking about his and Alex's childhood, "If I were to ever go back to Ohio, she'd be the only reason."

It's silent for a few moments before Alex speaks up again. "Are you happy?"

"I've never been this happy in my life."

Alex smiles, "Good. When are you moving?"

"Well, we officially live there already, we just have to move like furniture and stuff and get internet, and power, and all that stuff. But Josh has to...do some things before he can move out of the fraternity."

"Oh, yeah. Finn told me about that. They literally throw your stuff into the yard."

Troye nods, "Yeah. He said he's gonna bring breakable stuff over to my dorm before he tells anyone he's leaving."

Alex laughs, "That's probably a good idea."

"Hey, speak of the devil," Troye says seeing a text notification from Jacob.

"What's he want?" Alex asks before taking a sip of his drink.

"Someone found out about the apartment. Got room for one more in your dorm tonight?" Troye reads.

"Oh shit, that's probably not good." Troye shakes his head and quickly slides out of the booth.
Placing a five dollar bill on the table for their drinks, he races out of the diner with Alex following.

🌻

Troye's jaw drops as the turn the corner and see the frat house.

Unbuckling his seatbelt he jumps out of Alex's car before it's even stopped and sprints over to his boyfriend. "You weren't kidding."

Jacob laughs, "No. No, I wasn't."

Troye sighs and kneels down to help Jacob pick up his belongings. "Two days at the most, and we'll be moved in," he says softly.

"I still have to talk to administration about me moving out, but it shouldn't take more than two days."

Jacob looks up at the blonde and smiles, "I can't wait."

Troye smiles, "Me either."

The two stare happily at each other before hearing a loud thump next to them making Troye gasp and jump.

The two look over to see Jacob's mattress along with his sheets and pillows now scattered on the grass.

Jacob sighs and shakes his head. "Do you know who and how they found out?"

"No idea. And I don't really care, if I'm being honest. It just makes it easier for us, 'cause we don't have to carry everything down the steps," Jacob smirks.

Troye laughs softly, "Well if there's anything you want to get rid of, I guess now would be the time to do it."

"My clothes should be next, I might start with-" Jacob cuts himself off with a sigh as t-shirts still on their hangers begin to hit the ground.

"Stand back. Shoes might be coming soon-ow! You motherfucker!" Jacob screams up at his bedroom window when a Nike shoe hits him in shoulder.

"Remind me to never join a fraternity," Alex says.

Jacob sighs, looking around at his stuff. "Might as well wait till they're finished."

Troye nods and they walk over to Alex by his car.

Jacob hugs the blonde from behind and the three watch silently as the Jacob's things fall to the ground.