you

TW: Bullying and Homophobia

CHAPTER 3

It was the end of the day and Hoseok was getting his things from his locker to go home. He never was usually excited to go home since he never really did anything but he was having one of those days where he just needed a nap. Hoseok swung his backpack over his shoulder once he finished and exited his homeroom.

Walking down the corridor, he saw Yoongi leave the boy's bathroom, even if it was just a glance he saw his face clearly. The bruise on his face at lunch was slowly healing but there were more purple and blue spots on his soft features, his eyes seemed puffy as if he'd been crying and his knuckles were slightly red and shaking. Had he been in a fight?

Hoseok decided to not get involved in his personal business even though it seemed serious. Another boy came out of the restroom holding his left eye while others followed behind him asking if he was okay, should I ask what happened? I'm concerned but also don't want to intervene, he thought to himself. Hoseok shook his head and pushed the school doors open, walking to the bus and getting in.

"Yoongi." Hoseok said sternly as he sat next to him, Yoongi turned around to look at him.

"What?" He asked, once he saw his face up-close it was as bad as he thought it was.

"Why is your face banged up? I saw you and another guy exit the bathroom, did you get into a fight?" Hoseok noticed how his expression changed, Yoongi seemed nervous. He put him on the spot but he just wanted to know what happened.

"It's none of your concern so stop asking." His tone was sharp as he glared at him, Hoseok knew he had struck a nerve.

"If I wasn't concerned then I wouldn't be sitting here and asking you what happened, Yoongi." He said through gritted teeth, his tone was darker than usual and it probably scared the boy since he seemed to flinched a little.

Yoongi was contemplating on whether or not he should tell him that a few boys have been making fun of him for being gay.

Yoongi wasn't the violent type but he reached his breaking point when they beat him up in the restroom. The only reason Yoongi agreed to meet with them was because they said would apologize for what they've done to him, but it was a lie. It was a trap to get him alone. They beat him because they were scared that he'd tell the counselor about what was going on.

But he couldn't either way.

Because he was scared as well.

He was scared that the counselor would tell his parents that the reason why their son would come home with wounds on his face was because he liked a boy.

That boy's name was Jung Hoseok.