28

Drink in hand, I make my way over to the table in the corner where he is sat. I take my coat off and sit opposite him, taking a sip of my coffee before the silence is broken.

'Hey,' he says simply. Hey? Clearly it is just me who's head has been all over the place. 'You okay?'

'Yeah I am fine thanks, you?' I reply, placing my coffee down on the table.

'You I am good, I just wondered why you wanted me to meet you?'

'I just wanted a coffee was all' I reply quickly, realising that none of the boys knew my predicament. It was only me that felt awkward about the whole thing.

'Makes sense I guess,' he replied as he shifted his body in his seat. 'Want to come over to mine when we are done?'

'Yeah that would be cool.'

I didn't choose Alex. I love Alex so much, but only as a friend. That left me stuck between Will and Harry. Pages and pages of notes was all it took for me to realise who the special man in my life was, and that really isn't a lot in the grand scheme of life.

***

We settle down on the sofa with fresh coffees and blankets, putting an old series on Netflix in the background. We talk about everything and nothing, laughing like teenagers. When it starts to get late I order us a takeaway, and eventually the TV turns itself onto standby as we have been paying no attention to it whatsoever. Neither of us mentions the fact that there is no longer background noise, and we just continue to joke around until the front doorbell rings. 

I get the food from the delivery guy, hunt around in the kitchen for plates and forks and return to the warmth of the sofa and blanket I had barely moved from all evening.

'Hey Har.. oh hey Jess!' Freezy calls as he comes stumbling through the door sometime around midnight. 'Too much alcohol, need my bed. If you can't be good be safe,' he yelled as he headed towards the stairs.

I picked Harry.