Chapter 2: The Prisoners and the Warden

AN: Before I start the chapter, I just want to mention how I got this idea. I got it after reading the summary to the yaoi game 'Enzai: Falsely Accused.' However, unlike the fate of Guys in the game, this is completely different. Okay? Now then, on with the show!😊

I don't know what time it was because most prisons don't have clocks in the prisoner's cells. I do remember that it was the next day because I heard the sound of banging outside my cell. I know only one person who bangs his guard stick like a metal baseball bat against a steel wall; Assistant Warden Hyoga. As soon as I heard the banging, I heard the assistant warden belt out, "Okay inmates! It's 0700! Get your butts up and out of your cells for role call!"

I knew it would take me some time to get used to hearing Assistant Warden Hyoga belt out like that. Back at my apartment, I always slept in until 8:00 or 9:00 on weekends and 7:00 during the work week because my shift starts at 7:45. I got up out of the thin sheets that felt like I was sleeping under a really thin tablecloth and when I reached my cell door, it opened and I stepped out to join the other prisoners.

Once I was out, I let out a yawn and stood up straight like the others. I watched as Assistant Warden Hyoga walked down the aisle saying the names of different prisoners. I started to get antsy while waiting. It was then that I heard someone's throat clear right next to me and I looked and saw a man with spiked yellow hair, golden yellow eyes and black streaks, which I couldn't tell were tattoos or eye liner, streaked at the bottom corner of his eyes and going down to the top of his cheeks.

The man gave me a big toothy grin and said in a low voice, "Hey there neighbor?"

I thought to myself, where's this guy from? Home Improvement? I then let out a sigh, looked back to the front and thought, his cell must be next door to mine. Which is why he said that. The man cleared his throat again and I looked at him again and he asked me, "You're a new face if I've ever seen one. What's your name Cupcake?"

I looked forward again, waiting for the assistant warden and I told him, "Ken. Ken Chiharu."

The man held out his hand and said, "Senka. Senka Kuromiya. Let's get along, huh?"

I tried to keep my composure, but my hand reached towards Senka's so I could shake it. Just then, the assistant warden was before us and he cleared his throat loudly to the two of us. We stood up straight and Assistant Warden Hyoga glared at us and he said, "I was calling for inmate Kuromiya's name for three seconds now. I expect an answer!"

Senka smirked at the assistant warden and he said, "Sorry about that sir. I was just introducing myself to the new guy here. Unless you have a problem with communicating with others, Assistant Warden Kaoru."

I watched as the assistant warden placed his guard stick under Senka's throat and he glared at him and said, "That's Assistant Warden Hyoga to you punk. I watch my tone if I were you because if the warden was here, you'd be kissing the floor with your tongue."

I watched the assistant warden step away from Senka and he said as he glared at him, "Also, if you ever talk like that again, it'll be another three days in solitary. You mess with the bull you get the horns."

Senka just smirked and let out a laugh through his nose as if it was no big deal. When the assistant warden came to me, he looked at me up and down and then he looked at my hair and asked, "Inmate Chiharu, do you have a hair tie?"

I shook my head no and said, "I don't, sir."

I watched as Assistant Warden Hyoga reached into his pocket and take out a rubber band. He handed it to me and said, "Use this. At least it'll make your hair a bit neater."