Chapter 3: Called On By The Warden

AN: Hey gang. I know I'm late updating this story, but I was busy working on Reincarnated in an Otome Game, along with other stories and coming up with new ideas that I haven't gotten to this story in a while. I know most of you are wondering what will happen to Ken after he meets the other prisoners as well as the warden and the assistant warden. Anyway, this is the next chapter so enjoy!😊

After breakfast was done, as well as the surprise inspection from Warden Ryo, it was time to do our assigned jobs for the day. Assistant Warden Hyoga look at a clipboard and then he told each prisoner where they were gonna be. He then looked at me and my friends and said, "Inmates Kachina, Kuromiya, Hyoga, Aiyama and Chiharu, you're all assigned to laundry duty!"

Hiro seemed blissed when he heard that and he said, "I love laundry duty. The sheets feel so warm after they come out of the dryer."

Assistant Warden Hyoga rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever makes you happy, guy. Now March! All of you!"

Pretty soon, we were all in the laundry room. For the job, we were given caps to cover our heads, latex gloves for our hands and covers for our shoes. The first thing we did is separate the sheets and uniforms from mildly dirty to excessively dirty to really soiled. The soiled stuff contained more than just urine stains, but stuff that is so nasty I feel like I'm gonna hurl my insides out. Assistant Warden Hyoga watched over us to make sure we didn't mess up.

The prisoners that did mess up got slaps on their hands and pokes in their back for moving too slow. As I was carrying a pile of sheets to the washer, I was walking behind Mizuki and I asked him, "So, Mizuki, I want to ask you something."

Mizuki smiled and said, "Ask away, Cupcake."

I let out a sigh and asked, "This morning, at role call, you called Assistant Warden Hyoga "bro". Is he related to you? Because you both have the same last name."

Mizuki chuckled, looked at me after he put his laundry in the washer and said, "You picked that up, huh? Well, you're not wrong there. The Assistant Warden is my older brother and trust me when I say that it's best you stay away from him. Because if there's one thing I really despise is being near that pompous ass and his high and mighty attitude."

Just as he said that, Assistant Warden Hyoga appeared before Mizuki and he said in a smug sarcastic tone, "Really, Mizuki? I should say the same about you."

Mizuki looked at him with a glare and the assistant warden crossed his arms and said, "It's that delinquent attitude that made mom and dad kick you out in the first place."

Mizuki said while continuing to glare, "Well if they weren't playing favorites with you, I wouldn't have ended up in this shithole!"

Assistant Warden Hyoga rolled his eyes and said, "Exactly my point. Bad eggs like you always come in a dozen. You knew what you did that night and that's exactly why you're here."

Mizuki grabbed Assistant Warden Hyoga by the tie and he shouted in his face, "You knew exactly what I was doing! Don't tell me you forgot!"

The assistant warden slapped Mizuki's hand off him, glared at him and said, "Watch it punk or I'll have your ass. Now get back to work." And after he said that the assistant warden walked away and Mizuki gave him the middle finger behind his back.

Watching the argument between the Hyoga brothers, I thought to myself what caused them to drift apart like this. I continued to do my work while keeping my eyes on everyone else. Mostly my eyes landed on Mizuki and wondered what crime he did that landed him here. Just then, a guard showed up in front of Assistant Warden Hyoga and told him something. Once the guard left, Assistant Warden Hyoga looked towards me and called out, "Inmate Chiharu! The warden wants to see you."

After hearing that, my eyes went wide with fear and I began to think what I did to make him call me. As I walking towards the assistant warden, the prisoners, and even my new friends, were watching. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I saw it was Senka and he looked at me kindly and said, "We'll probably be in the yard after this. You can tell us then."

I nodded and continued on my way and followed Assistant Warden Hyoga. As I was following him, I started to see we were getting farther away from the cells and the other areas of the prison. Assistant Warden Hyoga looked at me and then he looked back to the front and I thought, is he thinking I'm not following him? It was then he said, "You're lucky, Chiharu. Ryo only calls those to his office on certain occasions."

I then thought, what kind of luck does he think I have? I was framed for embezzlement and sent here with nothing. Pretty soon, we arrived at two big oak double doors and Assistant Warden Hyoga knocked on one of them. It was then that a voice said, "You may enter."

Assistant Warden Hyoga looked at me, opened the door and nodded. Soon, I entered the office and I saw it was big. The walls were painted dark gray. The windows were big and from one of them, I could see one of the guard towers. On one end of the wall was black leather sofa and on the other end was a big bookcase full of different books. And right in the center was a big mahogany desk and sitting there at the desk was Warden Ryo.

As soon as he saw me, the warden motioned me to come closer. I was a bit nervous and my legs were frozen to the floor. When I didn't budge, Warden Ryo said, "Please. Come closer."

I suddenly started walking forward like I was hypnotized to and I stopped in front of the desk. Ryo then motioned his hand to one of the chairs and said, "Have a seat." And I did as I was told and sat in one of the chairs.

As soon as I sat down, I began to twiddle my thumbs and I watched as the warden took something out of one of his desk drawers and he walked around and stood behind me. I began to shake and get nervous thinking what he was going to do. I felt the rubber band Assistant Warden Hyoga gave me taken out of my hair. I felt the warden's hands run through it and soon, I felt a pair of scissors snip through my long hair.

It soon dawned on me that Warden Ryo was giving me a haircut. I glanced my eyes around the office as he was doing that until I saw a door right by the desk. It soon occurred to my mind about that scene in those 'Fifty Shades' books and I thought, don't tell me he has those things behind that door?! A few minutes later, I felt my head feel a little lighter and I saw from a handheld mirror in front of me that my hair was shorter like it was when I was a kid.

I looked at the warden and said, "Thank you, sir."

Ryo nodded and walked back to his desk and sat down which I thought he was going to do paperwork. As I got up and started to head to the door, I heard the warden say, "Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything around here."

I looked at him and nodded. Pretty soon, I exited the office and nodded to the assistant warden as I was walking away. Once I was gone, the assistant warden entered the office and looked at the warden who was staring at something he got out of his desk.

Third POV:

Kaoru looked at Ryo with a somber look and asked, "How did it go?"

Ryo continued staring at the photo in his hand silently and he said, "He seemed so scared when he saw me."

Kaoru leaned on the wall and said, "Well you are known as the Ice Dragon around here, man."

Ryo sighed and said, "I hate that name. Back then, he called me Butterfly." And he touched the little butterfly birthmark on his eye.

Ryo then placed the photo of him and another boy down and he looked at his assistant and said, "Kaoru, can you keep an eye on him and report to me what happens?"

Kaoru nodded and he asked, "You really think he's like the rest?"

Ryo folded his hands under his chin and he said, "If Ken was put in here unfairly, then we're gonna keep our eyes and ears open."

Kaoru rubbed his neck and said, "I hope you're right, man. I hope you're right."

Kaoru then thought, especially Mizuki. He shouldn't have been thrown in here in the first place.

AN: I hope you all like this chapter and I hope I could get get back to this story as soon as I can. Thanks for waiting for this update. Till then my little kittens😘😘😘