Chapter 2: Escaped?

John poured tea in three tea cups. Mycroft sighed. "Where is she now?" "My bedroom." Sherlock replied.
Then something struck him. She was in his bedroom. She had been in there for about an hour now. What could she be possibly be doing? Why was it so quiet? Uh-oh.

"We have a problem."
"What might that be brother mine?" Mycroft looked alarmed.
Sherlock got up and opened his bedroom door. Obviously the Holmes sister wasn't there.
"Shit." He cursed under his breath and rushed over to the open window. Did she jump? Ouch.

John was next to Sherlock's side in an instant. "How did she get out?"
"She grew wings and flew out of the window. What do you think Dr Watson?" Mycroft sarcastically replied.
"Mother will not be happy."  

As Beth heard the flat door slam she crawled out from under Sherlock's bed. She wondered how long it would take them to notice she was 'gone'. Idiots, she thought. She walked into the kitchen and cleared out all of the sweet things in there (which wasn't a great deal). Once she had finished she needed to make a plan. Obviously she couldn't stay here. Maybe she could become homeless! That sounded entertaining.  

Beth packed a bag. Carry light. She left a note for her brother and left it on the kitchen table.  

Sherlock, don't worry. I'm fine. Don't look for me. Bye.  

The cold air hit her like a brick wall. Maybe she should have put on a bigger coat. Something was telling her that this wasn't going to work. Sherlock does have a homeless network. Perhaps he would just let her be. It's her life and if she wants to sleep on the ground she could! 

Sherlock sighed. The note may have been vague but the message was clear. His sister did not want to be found.

Mycroft rubbed his temple. "Why does she have to be such a pain?"

"I think we should let her do as she pleases. She'll be back in a few days hungry and cold." Sherlock sat in his chair. He didn't ask for this.

John checked the time. "I have to go. I'm supposed to meet Mary for a coffee."

"All's sorted then?" Sherlock enquired.

John put on his coat. "I hope so." Mycroft was puzzled. "What were you doing here last night Doctor Watson?"

"Mary and I had a nasty argument. Right, I'll see you later." John said as he closed the door behind him.

The older Holmes thought for a moment. "She can stay with you."
"What?" Sherlock was startled.
"Beth!" He smiled.
"There's a spare bedroom upstairs!" Sherlock stood up. "I don't know if you've noticed but she isn't here!"