Chapter 3: Nothing Like a Good Murder to Cheer You Up

It had taken Sherlock half an hour to find where Beth was. The teenager had found a bridge to live under with about 15 other homeless people.

As Sherlock waked towards her she sighed.

"Go away!" She began to walk in the opposite direction.
He grabbed her wrist. "Come home Beth. Please."

"Why? So Mycroft can drag me back to school?"

"No," he loosened his grip but his hand still remained there. "I know we were never close. It may have seemed like we ignored you. It wasn't our fault though. There was such a huge age difference! You were so much different to us, you had feelings."
Beth kept a straight face. "Can I go now?"

"I want to make amends little sister. I want you to live with me." Sherlock looked deep into her eyes. She was tired and cold.

"There's a spare room if you want it. Or you could continue to live on the streets."

"You mean it?" A slight smirk appeared on her face. Sherlock finally released her hand.

"Yes. Touch my violin however and it will be an entirely different outcome." He revealed his pearly white teeth. "Come along then." 

***

Beth hung up the phone. Her parents weren't overly happy but they accepted it. Beth Holmes had now been living with her brother for two days. So far so good. She adored Mrs Hudson and Sherlock was only annoying sometimes.

"Can you teach me how to play the violin?" She asked him.

"No." He replied bluntly.

"Why not?"

Sherlock put his phone down and smiled. "It would take you years to master. You're not good at anything."

Beth's face went red. He wasn't getting away with that and he knew it. As she was about to playfully hit him he was already halfway across the room. This would be entertaining.  

***

Beth checked her phone. 2:39 am. She didn't need sleep. However it's suggested to at least have 8 hours. As she was about to put down her diary and turn her lamp off, Sherlock walked in.

"I have a case tomorrow, do you want to come?" He asked.
She smiled. "Murder?"
He chuckled. "Nothing like a good murder to cheer you up."