Chapter 16

Treefur's POV

I had been a week since the gathering and my pelt still bristled at the thought of Mossclaw being the Riverclan deputy. My heart raced every time I saw her moss pelt and then, every time, I would wake up to Tawnyheart beside me. I only loved Tawnyheart as my friend but with our kits on the way, I have to show that I love her. I know she moved into the nursery two weeks ago, but sometimes she comes and lays with me. I gave her a quick lick and walked out into the sunlight. 

"Bluestorm?" I asked the she-cat stared blankly into nothingness. 

"Bluestorm?" I said again, a little louder. By now some cats had gathered around her. I saw Flintpaw reach out to touch her. 

"Don't touch her!" I hissed. The apprentice stepped back. It clicked. 

"Starclan is speaking to her," I whispered and only the cats closest to me could hear me. The shock spread through the crowd and the cats backed up. She snapped back into reality. 

"Treefur, tell Shadowstar I need to meet him in his. I'm going to get Shadowpelt. I want to see you too," Bluestorm said and she turned at started off at a brisk trot to the medicine den. 

I padded off to Shadowstar's den, "Shadowstar? Bluestorm said she wanted to talk to you, me, and Shadowpelt. She's had a vision. She went to get Shadowpelt."

"Come in." I walked in and sat down. A few moments after I sat down, Bluestorm padded in with Shadowpelt following her, grumbling about how he was getting older and wasn't as fast. 

"I've had a vision," she began. We all looked at her intently. 

"The she-cat from the part 'Shadowclan and a Riverclan will come together,' is pregnant. the vision showed me under a large tree, and a voice said the she-cat is pregnant," she told them and Shadowstar looked at her warily. 

"The kit from that she-cat will affect," he paused, "Tawnyheart is our only pregnant cat- Do we thin it could be her?" 

"No," I said, "Tawnyheart has been sleeping beside and I can feel when she gets up and when she comes back. A while ago she had gone out but she came back after 5 minutes. My guess to the dirt place. Plus with her being so close to kitting, she wouldn't think of risking her self." the cats around me nodded. Shadowstar's doubts reflected in his eyes.

"Thank you for listening. Treefur?" I looked at Bluestorm, "I would like it if you would come with me to look for catmint. Leaf-bare's coming soon and I want to be prepared."

"Of course Bluestorm," I nodded to Shadowstar and left the den with Bluestorm.

*     *     *

We were deep into the forest, we had collected some catmint and were looking for more when Bluestorm turned and looked at me dead in the eye. I had never seen her so fierce. 

"I had more from my vision but I didn't want it to hurt you." I looked at her in surprise.

"What do you mean?"

"Starclan told me you and Mossclaw met under the Lightning Tree one night." My whole body stopped moving. It felt like time its self had stopped. 

"I heard what Blizzardtail told you. Those arent' Barkfur's."

"Then whose are they?!" My pelt bristled for my love of Mossclaw.

"Yours."