Chapter 4: Soulmates

The story about how Chelse ended with us, is quite a rollercoaster. She was supposed to go to live with my dad's colleagues daughter in Copenhagen, living a big city life. But they changed their mind, and she stayed with us, in a small-town city in Jylland.  We had a blast and got so close to each other, us as friends, and her as extended family, which caused her to  extend her stay to 3 months instead of one. Then she had a semester at home, but missed us so she came back for another semester, then after she graduated she spend the entire summer with us. We've known each other for nearly 2 years now, and we've grown close like sisters.

But what will happen when she meets her soulmate? will she still be able to visit us, or will it all be changed?

Soulmates terrified me. My parents weren't soulmates. The second one of their soulmates shows up - if there is one for them, my family would be torn and everything will change. Soulmates could make you forget your friends, i do know this is unlikely to happen, i just don't see how that's going to be a possibility. But what if you get so blinded by your soulmate you forget the outside world, that's not unheard of... unlikely yes, but it's possible.

And mine? how can i have a soulmate, and who'll settle for me?

Chelses biggest wish was to meet hers, it was one of the reasons she went to Denmark she actually confessed after a few weeks of knowing each other. She had been actively looking for him or her, but no signs so far.

Theres a few signs to know your soulmate. When you are close your body will make some sort of symbol on your body signifying you've met, and your soulmate gets an identical mark. But it's when you lock eyes you'll know for sure, it is described as a feeling of utter love and you'll just know. That's how it is explained, but to be fair, i know like 6 people who have met their soulmates, and i know a few people. Not everyone is that 'lucky', i assume would be the word to describe it. Chelse will find hers, i feel bad for her for not have met him yet, but her search will not be for granted.

As the evening went by and we went to bed to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S. with a bucket of strawberry ice-cream each, no wonder americans are known for being a little bigger than average. We chatted about that very special someone that was waiting for her somewhere in the world, until we fell asleep with half a bucket of ice-cream melting waiting just to be thrown out in the morning.

*

"I don't remember sleeping so deep, i didn't even notice you wake and leave the bedroom" Chelse said before she let out a roaring yawn and sat at the kitchen ready to eat 'rundstykker' that i spend the early morning hours baking for us. A danish tradition i think, at least never heard or seen it elsewhere.

"OMG! i missed those, there quite not special, but still so good" she said, i knew they weren't special, she prefers cornflakes every morning, but that's so not my style. Any type of cereal really, i don't get why you want to soak it in milk, it just doesn't make sense. And just to clear it 'Rundstykker' aren't special, but i miss them, it's just bread basically.

After breakfast we had a quick walk around town, just because we felt like it, we were counting down for tonight, but nothing weird about that, it'll be so cool to say that i've seen the Avengers tower - and even been inside it to a fancy official event, wearing an amazing dress drinking non alcoholic beverages.

The TV was rolling and some suit dressed blonde reporter was doing a broadcast about the amazing story about how the Avengers found their mates. A month ago approximately they announced for good that 6 of the Avengers were mates, an odd love constellation if you ask me, a norse god, two assassins, a super soldier, a witch and a robot man, just imagining their love story was impossible. One argument and Norse god would throw around, i couldn't even continue that thought as i realized one was deadlier than the other. It was just an odd and very dangerous combination.

I never really cared about them being mates, they were the Avengers, it didn't change anything. But what did, was the 6 mates thing, that should not be possible, but considering one being 100 years old and another a norse god - i think we crossed what's possible long ago. They are just super people, not even people as one is a freaking god, anything is possible. Chelsea idolized them all, i think secretly she wanted more than one mate, but i get it, she has dreamed of this since forever, the more the merrier, right?

That was the first time during my stay that i met Chelses roommates, and they gave zero #### that i was here. Her roommates occasionally made a quick run in the kitchen, but other than that they stayed in their rooms or completely out of here, never did they introduce themselves, just smiled awkwardly as they passed. According to Chelse they were rarely ever home due to their work, boyfriend and family up state. Finally something that matched with my picture of New York, self centered people everywhere. But i think at this point i just have to admit that i was wrong.