Chapter 5: The Tower

Chelse convinced me too let her do my hair and makeup, i couldn't recognize myself as i looked in the mirror the minutes before her parents would pull up to the apartment building. Curls hung loosely around my face and down my back, it looked amazing, it looked nothing like me, my makeup was natural, but with a golden dress and curls like these, that's only a good thing.

The tower was in sight as soon as we hit the center of the city. Traffic was as usual, according to Chelse and her family, stuck and not moving. The cap Dave and Amara ordered put us off the street before the tower, which was perfect for us, due to the crowd there and paparazzi surrounding the place.

I belived Chelse and I would blend in the crowd nicely, but boy i was wrong. Who wears nothing but a net? and whats up with the tiger furs? I thought we looked amazing, but compared to these people, we looked so plain. "Ready girls?" Dave asked as he linked offered his wife his hand and walked to the tower.

No one noticed us enter, plenty of famous faces went in, but it was obvious there was a dividing on the famous and the ordinary. As we stood in the crowd after just entering the tower doors, i felt nausea hitting me out of no where, "EM!" Chelses worried voice was only a blur as well as my vision and the next thing i know i'm sitting in a closed room, water bottle in hand, with Chelse, Amara, Dave and some other guy just staring at me. "Em! are you feeling better?" Chelsea sat down in front of me, her eyes filled with worry. I didn't feel sick anymore. It was so weird.

I nodded, "yes, i'm so sorry" i apologized, so embarrassed by what had happened. "Emilia, we can go home" Chelse suggested, "No way, were in the tower, this is a once in a lifetime experience, we're staying, i'm fine". "Em, you're sick". And then i felt another shock which caused me to start puking once again.

The next morning we ate breakfast and went to the grocery store to have a sick day. "What's that on your arm" Chelse grabbed my arm as i leaned forward to grab a chips bag, "What?" i laughed awkwardly looking for a bruise from a fall yesterday or anything like that.

NO FUCKING WAY! I stared at the small mark in complete shock, Chelses reaction mirroring my own! No way! there is no way this is happening now! not here! not now!!

I pulled my arm out of her hold and pushed the sleeve down as far as it would go to cover it, "Em, you've met your soulmate!". No, no, no, no, no, no, no, and NO! the word is NO! not here, this can't be happening. I had to leave my parents, my home, my small city life. For sure it also meant i could stay here with Chelse, but she's all i got here.

Here i am rambling like a crazy person, and i haven't even met my mate, i couldn't have, you only react when your in contact with your mate, this just didn't make sense, i would have known if we've touched, at least that's what i try to convince myself. No! it must be like that, that's how we've learned to recognize mates. That's how it's supposed to be. You make eye contact and boom you know, and you have a life together, it's not explained as a game of mystery. Even though the mark was there, i still had my doubt and for good reason, it's just impossible to miss out on meeting your mate like that.

Chelse talked about it the entire way home, trying to make me remember everything that happened. But nothing make sense, you're not supposed to get so sick from meeting your soulmate, nowhere was it known of as a sign that you've met your soulmate. In fact it is described as the happiest day in your life, a day you feel so happy and want to replay forever.

Should i really feel the urge to re-live that day?