Prompt

Lagertha had been overworking herself. She wouldn't admit it. Either that or she couldn't see it. The other women who trained with her could see the exhaustion. She kept pushing on, even when she was given the opportunity to take a moment.

You had requested that she rest with those of you who gathered food, look after the children anything that wasn't constant warfare training, even helping heard the goats or gather fish. She had declined, commenting that she needed to be prepared.

So today you had an offer for her, one that she couldn't refuse and that you'd saved, purposefully for her worst day.

Lagertha had fallen asleep at her table the night before and not moved until the morning. So you'd decided to take matters into your own hands. When you first met Lagertha she was appalled that you could barely lift a shield. Now you could defend yourself to her satisfaction but she understood that daily training wasn't something you enjoyed.

"Lagertha?" You called as you looked for her. People were training everywhere, mostly women, some of the men from her earldom fought too. Ducking and weaving through you found her looking over her newest arrivals, youngsters eager to join her army and their families. She was insistent that everyone at least knew how to defend themselves. Which was a comfort, especially to families with young children. "Lagertha, you must return to the main hall!"

"Must I?" She asked as you finally arrived at her side. She had heard you calling but knew you would bumble along in your sweet way.

"There is dinner ready for you, the fires are lit too, your bed has been freshly made." You explained and she clicked her tongue.

"I have told you, I do not need rest." She said, a touch of exasperation to her voice as she spoke.

"There is also a man who claims to have new weapons that will work with our boats. I have had him wat in the hall, the guards are watching him. I do not trust him." You explained. This caught her attention.

"You do not trust him?"

"It is a convenient time for him to arrive." You answered quickly. She was thoughtful a moment before giving in.

"Hmmm...Hot food is tempting, but I just can't say no to a weapon." She said with a smile. She gave orders for someone to take her place as she needed to leave and walked with you towards the main hall.