Chapter eleven: the storm

sorry if you read the last chapter. it turned more sad than cute but it served the purpose I wanted it too.

We were closing in on the avatar Zuko was getting antsier the longer it took so I was prepared for him to have a temper tantrum any minute now. Speaking of Zuko he was looking out of his scope into the sky like he always is and Uncle stood further up on the deck looking around before sniffing the air. Why in the heck was he sniffing the air?

"There is a storm coming. A big one" he announced looking around.

"You're out of your mind Uncle, the weather's perfect. There's not a cloud in sight" Zuko announced walking over to Uncle.

"I kind of have to agree with Zuko Uncle," I added, going to stand next to Zuko so we were flanking Uncle Iroh.

"A storm is approaching from the north, I suggest we alter our course and head southwest"

"We know the avatar is traveling northward so we will do the same" they somehow shifted while talking so Uncle had turned to face us and Zuko had moved to stand beside him staring at him so they were both sort of facing me.

" Prince Zuko consider the safety of the crew!"

" The safety of the crew doesn't matter!" Zuko yelled out looking behind him at Lieutenant Jee

"Zuko" I mutter standing next to Uncle now.

"Finding the avatar is far more important than any individual's safety" and there's the temper tantrum. Zuko stormed off towards his room and I laughed to myself. I can't believe I called it!

"He doesn't mean that he's all worked up," Uncle said trying to defuse the situation. Jee looked over towards me and I shrugged.

"Zuko really needs to capture the avatar. He's stressed." Jee scoffed lightly at that but I rolled my eyes in response. None of the crew knew what happened to Zuko. So, of course, they won't understand why he's so moody. I ran after Zuko going to his room hoping he'd be there. I knocked lightly and instead of hearing his usual responses he ripped the door open fuming.

"What?!"

"Just came to see if you're okay" his expression softened a bit before he became angry again.

"I'm fine!" and then he slammed the door in my face.

"Well okayyy then, i'll just be on the deck" I yelled through the closed door and walked back to where Uncle last was. He was still standing there and I quickly joined his side. Several members of the crew had come to the deck as well but I ignored them all. They always group me in with Zuko when he has a tantrum and I'd rather not get annoyed at the moment. I think Uncle can only handle one moody teenager at a time.

" I'm assuming your talk didn't go well" Uncle stated staring out at the sea. The crew members seemed to focus in on our conversation when Uncle brought Zuko up.

"Not really. He needs time to cool off." Uncle seemed to take the information I gave in for a second before replying.

"Did he at least calm when you opened the door?"

"That didn't happen" Uncle looked perplexed at my response. Zuko hadn't acted that way towards me in a very long time. Not even after the banishment. "When I knocked he opened the door and I think he was expecting you. He yelled calmed a bit when he saw it was me and when I asked if he was okay he yelled and slammed the door"

"He slammed the door?"

"Yup. Somethings bothering him."

"Very much so" Uncle responded, stroking his beard. I heard Lieutenant Jee scoff in the background but ignored it.