ONE

"I can hear you! And Im coming!"

ACROSS THE STARS

Kaia Zevari.
Written by asteria

THE YOUNG JEDI strolled nervously besides Ahsoka Tano, trying to ignore the tempting guilt of breaking rules. As much of a strong Jedi young Kaia Zevari is, breaking rules was not on the top of her list of 'abilities'.

Ahsoka cheerfully pinched her friend's arm, "You're practically radiating guilt."

Kaia shoots a glare at the padawan, rolling her eyes with a soft huff while she shoved her hands into the comforts of her pockets. Kaia? Guilty? Never. She huffs once more, "I'm not guilty." She mumbles.

Ahsoka arches and eyebrow, her expression saying yeah. sure.

Kaia watches as her friend's strides slowly came to a stop, a content smile resting on the Togruta's face. Kaia's eyes scanned the landing platform they were standing on, no sign of Skywalker or his legion. Kaia raised her eyebrow.

"Um, Ahsoka?"

She gives a soft hm in reply.

"There's no one here."

Ahsoka giggles softly, "Not yet. In... Three... Two..."

One. Right on cue, ships flew onto the docking area with a clumsy landing—several soldiers rushing out of the ship in either coughing or laughing fits. Ahsoka tried to muffle her laughs with the back of her hand.

The famous Skywalker stumbled out of the ship, a cocky grin spread across his lips. He chuckled lightly, "See , Captain?" He mused, "You're fine."

Kaia assumed the clone shaking his helmet swiftly side to side was the Captain, "With all due respect, Sir" The Captain sighed, "I'm letting you be the one getting tossed next time."

Ahsoka shuffled towards Skywalker and the Captain, practically pulling Kaia along with her. Despite Kaia's weak attempts to beg her friend to slow down, the Togruta simply shook her head with a playful huff.

"Skywalker and gentlemen," Ahsoka introduces dramatically, earning a playful glare from her master, "I introduce the only person better than Skywalker in just about everything." This earns looks from both Jedi Knights.

Kaia rolls her eye with the faintest smiles on her lips, "I've already met Sir Chosen One," She muses, "Though I have yet to meet his.. legion,"

Despite the nervous jump in the Jedi's voice at the word legion, Kaia smiled fondly at each of them. Anakin lowered his hand to the woman in front of him, taking note of how his Padawan was only a hair taller than Kaia.

The Captain raises his hand out respectfully, which Kaia returned with a hesitant hand, "Captain Rex, sir."

With a kind smile, Kaia retracted her hand, "Sorry to barge into your duties, Captain, Skywalker-" She nods her head at the two men, "But Ahsoka was telling me about how I might be able to accompany you on your next mission to Felucia."

Even with the helmet covering the Captain's face, she didn't need to see him to know he was just as confused as Skywalker. Anakin looks to Ahsoka, "May I ask why you're accompanying us on this mission?"

Ahsoka and Kaia share a nervous glance before Kaia clears her throat, "Maybe it's best if we discuss this indoors."

* * *

"... So let me get this straight," Anakin starts, crossing his arms while he looks between his padawan and her friend, "You're hearing a voice, sorry. A warning, and you believe you can understand it by going to Felucia..."

This earns a nod from both the Padawan and Jedi Knight.

Anakin sighs, "Welp, lets get the boys readied up-"

Kaia is quick to cut Skywalker off, "Actually.. I would prefer if your legion stayed behind."

This earns a look from Ahsoka and Skywalker. Anakin subtly glares at the Jedi Knight standing before him, though his aura betrayed his facial expressions. "Why?"

Kaia crossed her arms, "It's better if they stay here-"

"Do you underestimate them?"

"No-"

"Then what's the problem?"

Kaia scowled, "My problem is-"

The doors to the planetary center, and a young man with shaved blonde hair emerged from the doors—two men with similar features behind him following soon after. The Captain.

"Generals, Commander," Captain Rex said as he acknowledged the Jedi, "You requested the 501st's presence?"

Anakin nodded at the Captain, though the subtle glare on his face became not so subtle whenever he turned to where the Knight was. Though, when he turned, the knight was already gone and through the corridors.