Part 2 - Where it All Started

Everyone has their own story. They're like an open book. It's their choice whether they want to share it or keep it to themselves or even make their own story that they desire.
__________________________________

He looked like a prince. With his dark brown wavy hair with some of them became a decoration on his forehead which made him prettier, dark brown irises but shines beautifully under the night lights which made them quite appealing. He could make any girl swoon on him as he always know what girls wanted to hear. A sweet talker yet a charmer but not all girls would fall for that.

Reiji was lying on a bed, cuddling with a blonde. Her eyes were mesmerizing, they were blue ocean eyes. He had always had a thing with blue eyes. His hand lifted some of her delicate hair. Softly humming as he sniffed on them.

"You sure know how to make yourself alluring," his voice vibrated through her that made her flutter.

She blushed as she asked, "What do you mean?"

"You smell nice," he complimented. "I feel so lucky to be together with someone like you right now," he then moved closer to his lover and whispered, "It turns me on,"

The girl couldn't stop falling all the time for this man. He had always teased her like this whenever they're cuddling on bed but he was never serious on everything he said.

"Do you really want me that much, you monster? You're still hungry even after dinner?" The beautiful blonde giggled at her own joke.

The male chuckled. "Well, we didn't have a dessert, did we?"

"Stop it!" The girl laughed as she smacked his arm.

He laughed with her and they cuddled and chatted until she finally fell asleep.

Reiji couldn't sleep as he was drifted into thoughts. He was staring at the ceiling and then, he moved his gaze toward the girl lying beside him. He sighed to let go of the dissatisfaction he felt out of his chest.

They are not the same, he thought.

But he didn't regret what he did before and now he was going to do it again.

The bed now was flooded with her blood. Her blonde hair had now soaked with her own blood that made them changed into color.

They were red now.

Red.

Now she looked more like Rin. Pretty yet lifeless.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"A gun, huh? Not bad," Yato said proudly. He was starting to have the temptation to brag to the others.

Yukine rolled his eyes. "Now you got what you want, can we leave now?"

"Eh?! I thought you want to look around some more," the god of war pretended to be surprised by his sudden change of mind.

"I had enough of looking around for now. I will come again if I want to," Yukine shrugged.

"Suit yourself," Yato said that before leaving the college with his new weapon and his imperial regalia.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Yato and Yukine were on their way to Kofuku's place as they ran into Hiyori.

"Yato! Yukine-kun!" Hiyori greeted them as she was running toward them with her school uniform.

"Oh, Hiyori! Your school just ended?" Yato asked her.

"Yes!" She answered happily. "What were you both up to?"

"We were from a college on the other side of the town. Killing an ayakashi per usual and then Yato-" Yukine wasn't given a chance to finish his sentence as Yato stopped him by covering his mouth.

"Don't tell her yet, Yukine!"

Yukine then smack Yato's hand off from his mouth, "Eughhh..! Your sweaty hand... Gross!"

Hiyori laughed at their banter. It was always amusing watching them argue.

As the three of them arrived at Kofuku's place, they all gathered in front of her lawn as Yato announced he had a new shinki.

"Behold! This is my new weapon!" He bragged to the people who were there at the moment by showing off the gun he just got.

"A gun, huh? I hope you know how to use it," Daikoku, who was Kofuku's shinki remarked.

"Don't underestimate me! I know how to use my weapons!" Yato said as he felt insulted in a way.

"I have never seen you use a gun before," Hiyori said as she realized Yato only had shinkis that can cut things.

"Oooohhh...! That's cool Yato-chan! You're just as cool as Bisha now!" Kofuku cheered happily as she clapped her hands.

"Ugh... Why her of all people..."

"What's the name, though?" Daikoku of all people was somewhat curious about Yato's new weapon.

"Yeah, I bet everyone is curious how she looks like. Revert her now, Yato," Yukine complained.

"Woah..! It's a she??! She must be cute!"

Without wasting anymore time, Yato called out to his new shinki, "Revert, Aya!"

The gun suddenly glowed and transformed into a woman with red hair and emerald eyes.

"Ah...! Aya-chan!" Kofuku squealed as she tackled Ayane and hugged her.

Ayane was clearly surprised and confused. Wha- who the hell is this?!

"Oi! Get off of her, Kofuku!" Yato scolded and tried to pull her off from Ayane. "And her name is Ayane!"

"Ano... What's going on?" Ayane asked. Confusion in her tone.

"Ah... Gomen. Let me introduce these people to you," Yato started as he apologized. "As you already knew, I'm Yato and this is Yukine. That human in the school uniform is Hiyori,"

"Hello!" Hiyori waved her hand. She seemed friendly.

"And the one who hugged you just now is Kofuku. Be careful, she's the god of poverty,"

"Poverty?" Ayane asked with widened eyes.

"Yes, and that thug looking guy is Daikoku, her shinki," Yato introduced the scary looking shinki without caring about the consequences that may come to him.

Daikoku glared at Yato menacingly, "Say that again?"

"Aiieeee...! I was joking. But apparently you do look like one," Yato claimed and he ran away for his life. Daikoku took off and chased him as he ran around the house.

"What..... Just happened?" Ayane asked quietly. Everything that happened right now seemed so surreal to be true.

"I understand how you feel, Ayane-san but you'll get used to everything gradually," Yukine spoke to Ayane, understanding her completely.

"Really now?" Ayane asked as she wondered how was she going to digest everything that happened to her. It was a lot to take in and it all happened so fast.