Keefe and Ro

You walk the halls of Foxfire with Keefe, as he had gladly volunteered to show you around, knowing full well it would mean skipping History and Elementalism.

"...and this is the Level 4's hall." he gestures around himself. "And that's my favorite ditching spot."

"Where you first met Sophie," you state with a smile.

Keefe shakes his head. "You really do know everything. Do I get to see one of these books sometime?"

"Pfft," you roll your eyes. "Why would I let you do that?"

He shrugs. "Why not?"

"Because," you start. "It's dangerous for you to know about your future. You may try to change it, which would throw everything off, and then I would be completely useless again, and then they'd probably kick me out."

"Ughhhhhhhh," he groans. "Are you gonna tell us anything?"

"Don't count on it." you say with a smirk.

There was a rather awkward moment of silence as you travel down the hallway.

"Y'know, they taught us lots of bad things about humans, and even though you roll your eyes at me a lot, you're not half bad." Keefe tells you. "And you're cute." He pops in, probably just to make you roll your eyes.

"Here we go again," you mutter under your breath.

"Aw, don't deny it; you love it when I flirt with you."

"Wow, I didn't know that that was your decision to make!" you say with sarcastic cheerfulness. And that was the moment that your brain brought up the feeling of his arm around your waist, and his warm, sweet breath against your face as he pulled you way too close for comfort. No blushing! you told yourself demandingly.

"Hey! Earth to Y/N," you hear Keefe say as a hand waves in front of your face.

"Hm?" You blink rapidly to clear your mind.

"What were you thinking about?" he asks suggestively, making you fight off another blush.

"Food," you answer confidently. Food was definitely something you would daydream about. You like food.

"Right." Keefe says disbelievingly. "I'm sure you already know this, but I'm an Empath, and you can't lie to an Empath." He shook his head, smirking, as you mouthed the last part with him.

"You have to be making physical contact to be able to tell anything at all." You send yet another eyeroll in his direction.

"Nah ah ah," he waggles his finger back and forth. "Not with humans."

Ah yes.

"Okay look," you start. "I love food. And whatever emotions you were feeling, which I could probably guess based on your facial expression, were miscalculated, and obviously just wishful thinking."

"Oh, I'm never wrong."

"I refuse to believe that."

"Well I would like you to know that I knew exactly what you were feeling yesterday when we first met." He turns to you and raises his eyebrows, earning himself a fifty thousandth eyeroll. He laughs, a pleasant sound, and says, "You must have the most exercised eyes in the world."

"Probably," you say, knowing how many things exasperate you, especially since meeting Keefe. It had been hard to keep the whole Lost Cities happening to yourself around your human friends and family, and you were trying not to feel too bad about the fact that you were currently missing school.

Just then, Keefe's bodyguard comes around the corner, yelling to you guys, "Wait up!"

"Run," Keefe whispers in your ear while smirking at his own villianous response to the situation. He grabs your wrist and begins to speed towards the other end of the hall, but you put both your hands around his arm and yank him back.

"You heard Ro," you tell him. "She said 'wait.'"

"What?!" Keefe tries to pull away, but is unable to escape your iron grip and eventually gives in, grumbling, "Oh come on," as Ro speed-walks towards you.

"I like you," she grunts, out of breath and smiling. "Did he cause any trouble while I was, uh, sidetracked?"

"I think that question speaks for itself," you answer with a giggle.

"Sassy, sarcastic, won't put up with Keefe's B.S, and not sparkly in the least." Ro nods, looking you up and down. "We're keeping her."

"Keeping me?" you ask, mildly concerned at the wording.

"Yes, you're an elf now." Ro confirmed. "But like better than all the actual elves."

You smile, shaking your head.

"Better than me?" Keefe asks, adding a dramatic sound of hurt to his voice.

"Heck yeah, look at that eyeroll!" Ro exclaims at your response to Keefe's ego. "And it's all for you!"

"I'm sure there are plenty more to come," you tell her, heightening her excitement.

Ro grins and leans in to whisper in your ear, "If Blondie or the Vacker girl haven't beat me to it, I believe we are now best friends."

"Sounds great," you say, an irresistable smile pulling at the corners of your mouth.

At least someone has gladly excepted your being in the Lost Cities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I guess we are posting another chapter today.

I did not finish my social studies homework, but because of an event for the very few Chinese-learners in my school, I found I have an extra day.

I'm sorry, I know my story is all over the place, especially in terms of format. 😅 I'm hoping it will all smooth out.

I also want to apologize in case of any times I accidentally wrote "her" instead of "your" or put a past tense verb in here (it's supposed to be present tense).

I just hate proof reading my own work because it makes me cringe and also I'm too lazy to fix every little flaw.

ALSO, I promise that there will be more romance in the next chapter, and I may or may not put you alone in a room with Keefe, and I may or may not have someone interrupt it (forgive me).

I love you all!