Chapter 2

Your (PoV)- you're Alice, but you can change her name if you want it to be you :)

I kept running. My cheeks stung like hell. My blood was slowing down, clotting the fresh wound. Every time I exhaled out of my mouth, it would burn at the contact of hot air. I could hear the maniac behind me, laughing and cursing at me. I dodged through alleyways and streets, hoping to lose him, but he was always a distance behind me. I could hear his shoes slapping on the pavement harshly and him dragging his knife over some glass windows and walls from building to building, making a loud skrreeeeechhhhh. This fucker was seriously beginning to annoy me. I just wanted him out of my life. I've never done anything to him!! "Oh aliceeeee.... Aaaalllllliiiiiccccceeee... why don't you stop and come here? You're looking a bit out of breath there!" It was true, my lungs were beginning to burn due to how long I had been running for, and his breathing never faltered. I glanced behind me and gave him the finger and shouted "WHY WONT YOU LEAVE ME ALONE YOU FUCKER!! I'VE DONE NOTHING TO YOU!!" He only laughed at that. I need to go faster and I need to find people... he won't attack me when I'm with people... right?? I thought about how I would be faster and I noticed I was wearing a thick jacket. That was slowing me down!! I started taking off my jacket, when a sharp throbbing sensation settled on my stomach. I didn't look down, as I knew it was my cut up stomach from landing on the glass from my picture frame of my parents... I threw off my jacket, ignoring the pain that followed, from my protesting tummy. I was relieved when I felt a bit lighter and felt myself begin to speed up more. "Ooooo look at youuuuu!!" Said a familiar voice behind me. I rolled my eyes, determined to escape this persistent dickhead. "FUCK OFF WIRE HAIR" I yelled over my shoulder. "WIRE HAIR?! THATS IT, BITCH!!! IMMA GET YOU AND YOU ARE GOING TO SLEEP!!" I was confused by his sentence but I brushed it off when I saw my school I was at, in front of me. I can lose him in the halls!! And my school always has open doors for some strange reason. I sprinted towards the main door and slammed it open, running up a flight of stairs to my right. I knew this school like the back of my hand, and let me tell you, the halls are like a giant maze! Wire hair behind me won't be able to find me! I twisted through the hallways till I heard my pursuer's footsteps fading into the distance somewhere in one of the halls. I saw my form room and quietly opened the door and found a storage closet to hide in. I grabbed a pair of scissors and a bottle of whiteboard cleaner and waited. I leaned against a wall in the cupboard and recovered from my run. My adrenaline was beginning to die down and the pain in my face and stomach came into existence. I gasped and squeezed my eyes shut, feeling sweat form from pain and my throat beginning to throb. Fresh tears trickled down my cheeks, into the openings, making them sting. I bit my lip, holding back sobs when the realisation of my situation dawned on me. A weird guy was after me, wanting to kill me!! I slipped down the wall in defeat and huddled my knees to my face, falling into a deep, defeated sleep...

But what I didn't know was someone was watching me...