Chapter 23

Alei

"Everything ready for tonight babe?"

Shay had stopped by my room to drop off my outfit for tonight. She had opted to make me something and I was more than happy to wear it.

"Umm, yeah."

Putting my attention on her, I was concerned. Shay wasn't her usual hyped self and I needed to know why.

"What's going on Shay? Is everything ok with you and D?"

"Huh? Yea we're good." She gave me a small smile.

"Ok so what's bothering you? I expected you to be more hype than this?"

Looking at her, she just sat there.

"Shay-Ann?"

"Caleb's dad." She mumbled.

"What about him?" I scrunched up my face.

"I saw him?"

"When? Where?"

Getting up, I moved closer to her to give her my attention completely.

"Last night when me and Evan an them were leaving the club. Someone bumped into me and when I looked back he turned and smirked at me."

"Listen. He is not important. He can't do you anything and I'll make sure of that. Don't let him take your spirit like he used to do." I held her face.

Looking at me, she just began to cry. As aggressive and strong as she is, Jerome did something to her after she had Caleb and he broke her down in a way no one could ever understand.

"Alei what if he tries to take Caleb from me?"

"He won't babe. I nor Devin would let that happen." I rubbed her back.

As she hugged me, there was a knock on my door. Checking, it was Druex.

"Wassup?"

"Came to get Mirah?"

"She's with my mother right over there." I pointed at the door opposite me.

"Ok cool. You ok?"

"Yep." I nodded.

Hearing the elevator bell, I looked up the hall only to see August and Devin come out.

"I'll leave you then." Druex nodded when he saw them and went across the hall from me.

"Shay. The guys."

Watching her get up and go into the bathroom, they came up to my door. Aug and Druex looked at each other before acknowledging one another.

"Baybeh." He kissed me.

"Hi babe. Hey Devin."

"Hey, my girl there?"

"Yup." I stepped aside and let him in while Aug stood there just looking at me.

"You coming in?"

"Yea." He nodded then looked over his shoulder.

I knew he was going to ask me questions about Druex being here.

"How was the ride?" I asked as I took his bag.

"Long as fuck." Aug dropped on my bed.

"Shay bae!" Devin called.

"Hi babe." She came out smiling.

Hugging each other, I looked at her to see her trying to hold it together.

"You straight." He pulled back and cupped her face.