Chapter 27

Alei

"You got all your bags babe?"

"Yea." He nodded.

Finally Carnival weekend was here and I was back home to enjoy it all while sharing my culture with August.

"It feels so good to be back home." I smiled.

"I know right." Shay cosigned.

All while on the flight, Aug's been quiet. Truth be told, we got into it before coming out here and now he was in his feelings.

"I think this is us?"

Looking at the shuttle, I smiled at the driver before we got on. Basically everyone was here and we were set on enjoying ourselves.

"You ok baby?" I slipped my hand in his.

"Yea I'm fine." He nodded.

Looking at him, he didn't budge. As soon as I turned to look through the window, I felt his hand slip out of mines.

Facing him and looking down, I just shook my head and went back to looking out the window.

"I swear that airport was ridiculous with all those people." Evan spoke.

"I heard it was worse yesterday."

"Damn. Shit that lit out here." Terrance laughed.

"Too lit." I smirked.

The drive to my mother's house wasn't far from the airport so it didn't take us long to get there.

Pulling up, while everyone got their things, I opened the front gate and went in.

Shouting for my mother, I heard her quarrels as she approached the side gate of our house.

"Oh shit man Aleisha."

"What?" I smiled excitedly.

"Amirah is asleep."

"Oh." I covered my mouth. "I'm sorry."

"Mhmm." We hugged. "Glad to see y'all reached safely."

"Yea and I'm tired but pumped." I laughed as I walked in.

Greeting everyone, I got my bag and showed those who were staying with me, where they would be sleeping.

Because space was limited at my place, we divided and the rest were staying with Shay at her mother's house two corners away.

"Baby whats up?" I straddled him as he laid on my bed.

"Nothing."

Answering me with his eyes closed, I just sat there and stared at him.

"You really expect me to believe that Aug? You've been quiet since we left. Is this about our argument because if it-"

"Alei!"

Finally looking at me, I just sighed and kept quiet. Shifting myself, I got off from on top of him.

"Well are you at least coming out with us tonight?"

"Nah, I'm straight and Ion think you should be too."

"Why not?"

"What you mean why not? Doctor Sanders been told you, you need to slow down but you just ain't listening."

"I haven't been listening?"

I honestly couldn't believe we were doing this again.

"I've done nothing but take it easy. I've handed over most of my work load to Michelle and I took in some teachers assistance. So don't tell me I'm not listening."