12.

Nikki -
I take the syringe out of my arm and sigh, I never thought I would say this but I'm getting help that would be my last drop of herion for a long time is all I can say.

I turn over to see Vanity shooting lines of herion.

"You gotta go." I lazily say and stand up wobbling slightly to the side.

"I gotta go? What the fuck? Am I just some whore to you? Cause that's what it's seeming like here lately!" She yells

"Pretty much now get the fuck out." I say and she gasps before grabbing her things and leaving.

I sigh and look around at my room.

I wobble over to the phone by my bedside and dial Penny's number.

It was time to get clean.

Penny -
I put out my cigarette and head into the kitchen making myself a cup of sweet tea with lemon.

I jump slightly as my phone started to ring loudly.

I wipe my hands on the towel and walk over to the phone.

I pick it up holding it to my ear.

"Hello?" I say and lean against the wall.

"Penny..." I heard Nikki's raspy voice in the other end.

"Nik.. uh what brings you to call me?" I question

"I need help badly p." He says

I bite the inside of my cheek scared to go over to his house.

"Nikki I-

"I wont hurt you I promise just please Penny.. Please." He says his voice cracking at the end.

I sigh putting my hand on my four head and closing my eyes for a moment.

"Fine, is three okay? I have lunch with Tommy at one." I say

"It's perfect see you." He says

"Yeah see you." I say and hang up.

(...)

"I didn't know what to say tom." I say as me and tommy sat at the cafe down the street from my house.

"Just be careful pen, I don't want my best friend getting hurt." Tommy says.

I smile and then our waitress comes back handing us our bill.

"Did you enjoy your meals?" She asks

"Yes thank you" I say and tommy nods finishing his last bite of blueberry pancakes.

I pull out my wallet and Tommy puts his hand out.

"I got it" He says and gets his wallet out.

"You sure?" I ask

"Positive." He says and sets a ten dollar bill and a five dollar bill down.