4

9 months later

LOGAN

Starting junior year in college is a big deal. At least it is to my parents.

"Oh my baby boy. I'm so proud of you!" My mom says as she squeezes me into a bone crushing hug.

"Ma" I whine as I try to pull away from her.

"I can't help it Logan. You got a football scholarship and you're going to get drafted right out of college, I can't help but be proud of my only son."

I smile at her and kiss her on the cheek.

Quickly her face changes into a serious expression.

"Just make sure you have a backup plan in case something happens"

I roll my eyes and sling my backpack over my shoulder.

"I know mom, but I don't need a backup. Nothings going to happen to football"

She gives me a look and puts her hands on her hips. The lines in her face were deeper now than I remember, but her features are the same.

Kelly and I look just like her. We have the same dark brown hair, and the same big brown eyes. The only thing I got from my father was his height.

"Final boarding call to LAX from Denver"

My moms face morphs back into a frown as she squeezes me into yet another hug.

"I'm going to miss you baby"

"I know ma, imma miss you too"

She pulls away and wipes the tears from under her eyes before she backs away from me.

She offers me a small smile as I turn on my heel and start down the terminal.

The whole summer I spent with my parents and Kelly, I was helping her plan her wedding to Josh. He proposed on our birthday and of course she said yes.

After everything that happened with Thalia, he thought it would be better to wait and not do it on Christmas like he planned. And as much as I hate him I appreciate that. Maybe he isn't as bad as I thought.

Getting over Thalia hasn't been easy, especially when I constantly saw her with her 'boyfriend' whenever I would go out. Every time she saw me she would stand away from him and always give a sad look, like she was the one that had their heart ripped out of their chest and stomped on.

I became an major asshole over the summer and I knew it. I slept around just to make myself feel better.

It worked too. Every time I left in the morning I felt a little bit better about Thalia cheating on me. It still hurt though.

I step onto the plane and quickly find my seat, groaning internally when I notice the balding man that sits next to me. He was drinking a glass of whiskey already and had a bowl of peanuts in front of me.

I slide past him and sit in the seat before buckling myself up and digging around in my sweats pocket for my headphones.

I plug them in and hit the shuffle button for my playlist. The guy next to me adjusts his position and jabs his elbow into my ribs.

This is going to be a long fucking flight.

**

"Logan you need to lead this room. You haven't done anything since you've been back" my roommate Wilson says.

"Fuck off" I snap at him as I cover my head with my blankets.