40

LOGAN

I can hear Rylee crying before I even entered the apartment. I drop my backpack and the bouquet of Lily's on the table before following the sounds of her sobs into the bathroom.

The door was shut and when I knocked silence answered me. I could hear her hiccup as she tried to hold in the sobs.

"Baby? I know you're in there, I'm coming in okay?"

When she doesn't respond, I open the door to see Rylee curled up on the floor with her knees pulled to her chest and her face streaked with tears.

"Oh Rylee."

I strip out of my jacket and shoes before sliding next to her on the floor, and pulling her into my lap.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

She hiccups again and buries her face in my shoulder.

"I'm fine. I'm relived."

I rub circles on her back. "You're gonna have to explain babygirl. You're on the floor sobbing"

She chuckles and wraps her arms around my neck.

"It's all over finally. I've been terrified of Joel finishing what he started for years and it's all finally over. I came in the take a shower and it dawned on me that I'll never have to be afraid again. I'll never have to see marks or bruises on my skin. I'm safe, and free. It's over. I'm finally going to be okay"

I place a kiss on her forehead and squeeze her body tighter around me. She melts into my hold as all the tension leaves her body as she lets out a sign.

"I told you, you'd get through it baby. You were so brave and so strong and I am so fucking proud of you."

Her nose brushes against my neck and I can feel her plump lips form into a smile. Her sobs finally ebb away into soft hiccups and I took the opportunity to pick her up and turn on the shower head. 

I set Rylee down on the sink and place a sweet kiss on her lips before pulling her shirt over her head.

"Let's shower"

She nods her head and slides her pants down off her long legs before letting her underwear follow. With Rylee it's almost impossible to not want sex with her, but tonight neither of us needed it, or wanted it. We just wanted the intimacy and the affection that came with being in a relationship. 

Rylee and I step into the cascading, warm, water and let it flow over us. Rylee is the first to grab the shampoo and scrubs it into her hair while I grab the loofah and cover it in her apple body soap. She turns her back to me to rinse out her hair, and I take the chance to scrub the loofah over her body. As if on instinct her body molded into mine as I scrubbed her, she brushes her hair to the side and gave me access to her beautiful, silky skin on her neck, I took my chance and feathered kisses all over her neck. 

Her smile showed me what she was really thinking. Once I thoroughly wash her body, I hang the loofah back up and run my hands down her arms and waist. She turns back around to face me and runs her fingers through my damp hair. 

"I love you, and I want to cherish you forever if you'll let me" I whisper against her lips.

She doesn't respond with words, but with her lips pressing delicately against mine.

"I love you too Logan. I want to be yours as long as you'll have me."

I rest my forehead against hers and we exchange smiles before kissing each other with all the strength we could muster. 

"I am so glad Wilson volunteered your dorm room." she mumbles with a laugh.

"I am so glad you stuck around after everything I did to you."

"We all make mistakes Logan, but we got through them and that's what makes us strong."

The water began to cool down as we got out and Rylee spoke again.

"What do you say we order take out and watch some murder documentaries?" 

I wrap my towel around her body and kiss the tip of her nose.

"I think that sounds perfect"