•|Chapter [insert 05]|•

After my surprise visit from the one and only Chat Noir, I had promptly made myself dinner. The rest of my night wasn't that interesting as I did some work on my laptop and went to bed.

When I woke up, naturally, not due to something on my balcony, I yawned. I rubbed my shoulder and slipped out of bed, walking over to my dresser and pulling out some clothes. Today I put on some drawn on sneakers, black hoodie, a random shirt, and some [F/c] and black plaid pants.

I walked over to my bedside dresser and reached towards my phone before my hand hit something first. I looked down and saw a small box, it looked familiar. As I picked it up, a small note fell out from underneath it. I picked it up with my free hand and read it.

"This is a gift for you, thank you for your kindness. Master F."

I thought for a second as I stared down at the note and the box.

"Master F..? Is that... the man I helped the other day? Why would he... how..?"

I put the note back and opened the box, what sat in it was a simple braided bracelet with a large ceramic bead surrounded by smaller ones. It was a very light crème-white color with a decal on the centerpiece.

"Oh. That's adorable."

Smiling I take it out and put it on my wrist, pausing for a second to see if something was going to happen.

It did not.

The bracelet was too big for my wrist even when I pulled on the strings that tightened it. It took me longer than I'd like to admit to realize that it was an ankle bracelet. I pulled off one of my shoes and put it on, fastening it to my ankle. It fit snug, so I decided to keep it on. My phone then went off, vibrating on my desk.

"Oh shit! I'm not ready—!"

I jumped up and put my shoes on, grabbed my bag, and ran out the door. I almost forgot to lock it on my way out of the apartment. I quickly caught a taxi and left for school.

Once I got there I quickly jogged into the building and into the classroom, luckily I seemed to have arrived just in time since the other students were trickling into class. I walked to my seat and took out my notebook, pencil, and anything else I needed.

Once everyone was seated class began. Mrs. Bustier began to talk about French history, which I wasn't very invested in. She projected the slideshow on the board and went deeper into her lecture. Since she was talking so fast I wasn't able to catch onto everything she was saying. And my notes ended up looking like this:

•France is one of the oldest nations in the world.

•Clovis I ..... founded the Kingdom of France, he was born in a .........

•During his era.......

It wasn't looking great. So I peeked over at Nathaniel's notes again and copied him. It didn't take him too long to notice, I glanced up at him and we made eye contact. He smiled and quietly laughed to himself and moved his arm so I could see his notes better.

"Sorry..." I whispered.

"Don't worry about it, if you need help you can ask me-"