7. Nikita: 24th Feb 2019

I wake up with a hypnic jerk from a drowsy memory of a dream I saw a few minutes ago. A little space between the curtains pour in a blinding ray of light straight from the sun into my dilated pupils. I cover my face and turn around. I look beside me to see a silhouette under the sheets beside me on the king-sized bed. He is still sleeping like a baby.

"Good morning sweeth..." while I slowly pull the blanket to uncover the face of the other inhabitant of the bed, to realise that it is- Natasha.

It takes me by surprise and clearly snaps me out of my beautiful dream. Sawyer is still miles away, in the hospital and I, on the other hand, am lying next to Nat after she played real-life tongue twisters with a weirdo from the club.

A memory suddenly hit me with the details of last night, I reached home at around midnight or so. I was tired and a little dizzy, so I simply came home, changed my clothes and went to sleep after placing Nat beside me. God, carrying her from the car to the bed was a complete nightmare! I need to start working out again and gain some more practical strength to satiate the basic needs of everyday activities. Saw is not even here to provide me with any kind of physical support with his naturally broad shoulders.

I was happier asleep than awake, living in a dream world of my own. Dreamworld is a better place to live in these days, than reality.

I let out a sigh as I fall back on the bed with force. I do not want to leave the bed. It is just so cold outside, both in my life and in the northern hemisphere during February. I raise my head to check the time on the digital wall clock. It read –

10:06 24/02 SUN

Now I have to get up and make breakfast for myself and my guest who is probably going to be asleep till lunch, but anyways. I am also supposed to visit Saw, as it was Sunday. I could stay with him longer on weekends and holidays as per the rules of the hospitals.

As I sit up and turn to check out my pillow, I observe a little makeup on it, consequential to my caked and dolled up face last night. I remember coming back and simply just crashing after dressing down to a gown. This is what happens when you drink. I am so sick of being a mom to such irresponsible kids since I was in high school. Being the one to think about staying sober myself so I can ride them back home, taking care of their belongings, holding their hair back when they vomit, while they randomly hook-up with a creepy horny guy that they don't even know from a party or a bar. It was the first time Natasha has crashed someplace that did not belong to a rando.

But even if she was a habitual drinker, she usually had her shit together.

But I was still worried about her, wondering what all she was going through at the moment, alone.

I walk towards the kitchen to poach up some eggs for both of us.

I think back to what happened in the drive back to my place last night, those things Natasha murmured while sleeping. Who was Natasha dreaming about, hence resulting in the murmurs "Why didn't you tell me? You left me alone..."

Who did not tell her what?

Who left her alone and why?

Who exactly was this 'you'?

Was it an old boyfriend that she had from high school?

I had an array of questions popping up in my mind, filled with both concern and curiosity. Anyways, she might tell me the details and the answers to all of these questions when she feels comfortable enough with me.

Surprising, how even those people who treat us, have issues to deal with themselves. She always seemed so sought after as a person. These people are humans too, after all. They all cry the way we do and try to hide it under their fake masks. Maybe, they are better at doing so as they can know what others can and would notice. They hide behind the façade of their own made-up self to not be that easily readable by the common people, just the way they read the rest of us. They help us deal with our issues and cure us while dealing with their own issues in the dark.