Chapter 8

I saw Mason trying to catch up to Liam who was storming out the front doors. I quickly ran after them. I looked over and realized why Liam was so mad. Devenford Prep's team had just arrived.

"Brett!" Liam yelled storming over to a tall kid with short curly brown hair. Brett turned to him and smirked. I caught up to Mason and watched the scene unfold. "I just wanted to say," I furrowed my eyebrows when Liam held out his hand, " Have a good game."

Brent stared at him and laughed which made Liam retract his hand. "That's cute, Liam. Is that what they told you to say in Anger Management? Apologize and everything's fine? You demolished Coach's car." I frowned. He never mentioned this to me. Liam's breathing got heavier, "I paid for it." Brett chuckled, "Yeah, you're going to pay for it. We're gonna break you in half out there. And it's gonna be all your fault." I noticed Liam was getting really mad so I ran over and faced him. "Hey. Look at me. Liam." Liam looked at me and slowly relaxed.

We were about to walk away when Brett decided to open his mouth, "Hey look guys. Liam's got a girlfriend. Come here babe and I'll show you a great time. Not like Liam can anyway." Liam charged at him but Scott and Stiles quickly ran over. "Hey, what's going on prep students? Welcome to our little public high school. How you doing?" Stiles stuck out his hand but Brett looked at it in disgust. "That's a firm handshake you got there. Uh, we're very excited for scrimmage tonight. Uh, but Let's keep it clean, all right? No rough stuff out there. All right, see you on the field." Scott and him quickly pulled Liam into the school.

I went to follow but Brett pulled me back, "Hey listen. I'm sorry about that. It's just these guys want me to be all tough so I have to do stupid stuff. I'm really sorry." I smiled, "It's okay. Good luck out there." Brett smiled and walked back over to his teammates. I walked over to Mason, "Let's go get some drinks before the game." He agreed and we started walking to Starbucks.

I smiled slightly as Liam glared and Mason drooled at Brett. "I don't care if he's a foot taller than me. I think I can take him." Mason nodded but didn't take his eyes off a now shirtless Brett. Liam looked at him in disbelief, "What do you think you're doing?" Mason looked over at him in confusion, "What? Me?" Mason scoffs, "Agreeing with you. I'm being agreeable."

"You think he's hot, don't you?" Liam asked with raised eyebrows. "No! No. Not at all. No way! Maybe. Yeah, maybe a little." I giggled at Mason's answer. "He wants to destroy me." Liam pointed out. Mason nodded, "I think you could definitely take him. And then give him to me." We all laughed and Mason went to go get us some seats. I turned to Liam and smiled "Good lu-" Liam placed his hands on my cheeks and kissed me passionately. My eyes widened for a moment before I closed them and kissed him back. We pulled away after a few moments. "Wow. Okay then. Good luck."

I awkwardly walked over to Mason and sat down. "You loved it." he stated while texting someone. Violet walked over and took a seat next to me, "Hey. Loving the jacket. You have to lend it to me sometime." I smiled and nodded. I turned to the field when everyone started to get in their positions. Scott and Brett were waiting for the ball to the drop. Brett got the ball and ran across the field while Scott was still standing up.

Liam charged at Brett, but two players stepped in front and shoved him to the ground so Brett got a goal. He stood up and took off his helmet before going to fight but I quickly ran down and stepped in front of him. "Hey hey hey. Stop Liam. Just ignore them. Focus on scoring a goal, for me." I gave him a peck on the cheek and Coach blew his whistle.

"Brate! Get your ass off the field!" I blushed and ran back to my seat. Mason sent me a smirk and Violet smiled. "So you and Liam, huh?" She nudged my shoulder and I laughed. Stiles passed the ball to Kira and she ran. "Go Kira! Run!" She maneuvered her way through the other team and scored. I stood up and cheered.

Coach called her over. I could faintly hear their conversation. "Take a seat... benched... didn't pass... scrimmage... teamwork." Kira took a seat and the game started. Liam and Brett charged at each other and fell. I ran down and saw Brett was groaning in pain and Liam was fine. They put Brett on a stretcher and took him into the school. Liam and Scott talked for a minute before he walked over. "Are you okay?" I asked frantically and he chuckled, "I'm fine babe. See? Everything's still in place." I rolled my eyes and hugged him, "Be more careful next time. And don't kill yourself. Please." He planted a kiss on my neck and pulled away. I smiled and headed back over to Mason. "Where's Violet?" I asked in confusion. Mason shrugged, "I think she said she was going to the washroom."

I nodded as my phone started buzzing. I walked away from everyone and answered, "Hello?" I asked and walked into the school. "Hey Mia. I'm taking the nightshift so I won't be home till around 6 tomorrow. Can you get Stiles to drive you home or something?" Melissa asked. I smiled, "Yeah sur-" A bang came from the locker room. "Hey Melissa. I gotta go. Bye." I put my phone in my pocket and quietly walked into the locker room.

I spotted the two paramedics on the ground and squeezed my eyes shut. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. I felt for a pulse but couldn't find one. I looked around and saw Brett laying face down. Kneeling beside him, I felt his pulse and it was still there. A creek came from somewhere behind me and I jumped up. "Hello?" I called out. It was really dark so I couldn't see a lot. Footsteps were slowly becoming louder and my heart rate increased. It sounded like high heels. Wait a minute. "Violet," I said and ran over. "We gotta get out of here. Someone killed the paramedics and they might still be here." She nodded. I went to go leave but something wrapped around my neck. It felt like a wire.

Violet tightened it and held me in front of her as Scott walked in. His eyes went red as he ran over and shoved her away from me. I slid down a row of lockers and coughed. They continued fighting till she got the wire around Scott's neck. It turned red and started burning Scott. "He said we shouldn't try," Violet started, "But now I've got you. I got an Alpha." Scott grabbed the burning hot wire and pulled it off himself. He shoved her into a wall and knocked her out. Stiles and Kira suddenly emerged from the hallway. Scott turned to Stiles, "You better call you dad."