ANNABETH: PERFECT, OR PERFECTIONIST?

Imagine a type-A personality Annabeth. An Annabeth who freaks out over everything she does wrong and pushes herself too much and is too hard on herself. An Annabeth who thinks she's worthless and can't do anything at all. She hasn't even got a quest and wants one because she thinks she may be able to prove herself then. Imagine an Annabeth who thinks it was somehow her fault that her mom left and imagine her freaking out on the inside when she got her first quest. Imagine that ever since Percy came into her life, she's left that type-A personality behind, and is quite proud of herself and realizes how good she actually is and gets some self-worth. Now imagine that self-worth shattering again during Sea of Monsters. When she almost died because of listening to the Sirens' song, she thinks it's her fault for insisting on listening to it and that it was her fault for not remembering to hand her dagger to Percy. Imagine her going back to that unbreakable shame spiral that she used to, this time worse because she doesn't want to be that person again but she can see it coming- and soon. Imagine Percy finding out (that can be any time you want. Fit it in anywhere you feel like) and helping her to leave that behind. Imagine them becoming close(er) because of this. Imagine Annabeth feeling like her Type-A personality might come back after they came back from Tartarus and Percy and Annabeth helping each other with their struggles as one- with their PTSD and other problems. There was a time when Percy had been feeling really low because he "had left Calypso stranded there," and now he had "left Bob too." And he felt worse when he found out the Gods had never released Calypso and felt it was his fault because he had not seen to it that the Gods do their part properly. Imagine Annabeth helping him cope because she had been through a similar phase and could relate, understand and empathize.