𝟎𝟎. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫

THE BRUNETTE FLIPPED THROUGH HER MATH BOOK AS HER OTHER HAND TWIDDLED WITH HER PENCIL. The sound of a loud thud outside her window caught her attention, seeing her best friend frantically tapping on the window. Her eyes narrowed, pulling her earbuds out as she went to go close her bedroom door and locked it. She then marched her way to her window, lifting it up to allow her friend to come in.

"Peter, what are you doing here?" She muttered in a soft whisper, knowing fully well that her dad would yell at her if he found out Peter snuck into her bedroom. "I thought you had a date with MJ." She watched as Peter threw himself on her bed with a heavy sigh.

"Luna, she broke up with me..." He said abruptly as he stared up at the ceiling.

She froze in her place, "What?" She asked in disbelief. Peter and MJ were basically known as the 'high school sweethearts', so hearing that MJ had broken up with him was very odd. Luciana didn't know exactly how to feel at the moment. Sure, she felt bad for Peter, but that also gave her the chance to finally tell her how she felt. She finally treaded lightly toward her bed to sit next to him.

"MJ broke up with me." He repeated more to himself as it slowly sunk in. His hands ran up his face to cover the tears that were threatening to fall. He titled his head to the side to look at Luciana, "Did I do something wrong for her to break up with me?" He asked with a hurt expression etched on his face.

She looked at him with a soft expression, turning her body to face him as she shook her head. "No, Pete." She said softly whilst running her hand through his hair in a comforting manner.

He leaned into her touch as he looked up at her like a sad puppy, "Do you think she broke up with me because I didn't tell her I was Spider-Man?"

She shook her head once more, "I don't think so."

"Then what did I do for her to break up with me?" His voice rasped, his gaze fixed on the ceiling once again. "She just stopped talking to me for a while. At first, I thought it was just because she needed some space because she was going through some family stuff." He shook his head at himself. "Then, out of nowhere, she asks to meet up only for her to break up with me?"

Luciana shrugged, "I honestly don't know, Pete." She lightly twirled his hair in between her fingers. "What I do know is that she's missing out on the sweetest guy in the whole entire universe." She reassured him with a small smile.

He rolled his eyes slightly, "You're just saying that because you're my best friend." He muttered.

It would be a lie if she said her heart didn't shatter a bit when he called her his best friend. "I'm being serious, Peter. Even Ned and Sophia would agree with me."

"So what do I do then?" Peter's eyebrows furrowed as he sat up to face her correctly.

She sighed, pursing her lips to the side as a smile grew on her face whilst an idea popped in her head. "Before you say no, just hear me out." She said quickly as she crossed her legs in front of her. "We could join the drama club, they're doing a musical." She offered.

Peter shook his head, "No way. Musicals aren't really my thing-"

"They're doing High School Musical, though!" She said with a hopeful smile.

"Oh, well, you should've started with that."

"So you'll do it?" She asked with a slight grin.

"No." He deadpanned, shaking his head. "I don't sing." He reminded her.

"C'mon," She pleaded softly, "this'll be the best way to take your mind off of MJ and if it doesn't, then I'll give you full permission to say: I told you so." She lifted her hand up whilst the other was rested on her chest as a promise.

He looked at her as she gave him the puppy eyes, his eyes narrowing slightly to try not to give in to her eyes. She put out her bottom lip into a pout as he narrowed his eyes at her more. He was basically squinting at her at this point. He groaned as he hung his head low in defeat, "Fine. I'll join the musical-" She squealed in excitement. "Just because I'm joining the musical with you, doesn't mean I'll end up liking it." He protested.

"You say that now, but you'll grow to like it." She teased.

"Will not."

"You said the same thing to Ned about Star Wars and Legos."

He scoffed as he furrowed his brows, "That's completely different."

"If you say so, Pete." She laughed whilst shaking her head at him. Her expression grew soft, "Things'll get better." She reminded with a soft smile.

He nodded slowly giving her a small smile, "I know... Thank you." He said softly.

"Of course," She hesitated, shrugging off her emotions. "It's what best friends are for."

LILLS SPEAKS!

i know this is short and i know it's been
a WHILE since i've updated this book.
i've been paying this book dust i know-
but it's finally updated

 i've been paying this book dust i know-but it's finally updated