Chapter 3 - Under The Bridge

I put this story on AO3 too

------------------

3rd POV

Connor lights a cigarette, inhaling the stick in pleasure as he stands on the edge of the roadside curb. It was about 1 am in the morning when Connor got a call about a female android murdered an hour ago by a man seen with a bat. The purpose was to investigate, see if the man and android had any relationship and identify the suspect. With only a little information found so far, there was a high chance of not being able to locate the suspect that committed this crime.

It was raining lightly, a few echos of thunder heard from the distance. The android was dead, lying under a large highway bridge with blue blood splashed around her. The crime scene was graphic, her face nearly unrecognizable as her body was crippled from the damage. She was dressed in sexual attire, suggesting she was either returning from a party or selling herself for money. There no traces of semen or any other bodily fluids other than thirium on the victim's body. Police tape blocks the sidewalks as the roads nearby the crime scene are blocked off by the police. A few pedestrians watched nearby from a bar located down the road, drunk and curious on what's going on.

Connor was waiting for his android partner to arrive, still standing on the curb under the bridge, smoking his cigarette. Hank was on his way to the crime scene in a taxi, soon arriving to see Connor on the curb five minutes later. Connor would have not called Hank, not having to worry about his new work partner while investigating the scene. However, he knew if he didn't invite Hank into the crime scene, the records wouldn't look nice to Mr. Fowler and he could be in risk for termination. It wasn't worth losing a job over a stupid android so Connor had no other choice but to call Hank in to help him with the investigation.

Hank steps out of the automatic taxi, the car departing soon after he fully steps out. "I'm surprised you called me," Hank softly chuckles, approaching Connor. Connor just glares at the android before walking towards the police tape that protects the crime scene. Hank follows behind, scanning the dead android's body and guessing the possibilities of what might have happened. "What happened?" Hank questioned, bending down on one knee and taking a better look at the crippled female android.

Connor shrugs, "Not sure. All I know is that this android was murdered an hour ago, no identification on her person so we don't have a name. She was mangled by a metal bat, which is missing of course. The only reason we know it was a bat that strike her was because a person nearby in a vehicle talked to us and said he saw the whole thing. He was going to the bar until he saw the suspect start beating the android and ran to call 911. The other officers and I don't know where this man is hiding but we got the whole block on lookout for the suspect."

"Why is she dressed like this?"

"Prostitute maybe? I don't know Hank, I wasn't there."

Hank nods, still observing the body of the android. He stays in the kneeling position for a few more minutes before getting back onto his feet, looking directly at Connor. Connor makes direct eye contact by accident, quickly looking away awkwardly and looks down at the ground beneath him. "So? What do you think?"

"I think... I think the suspect knew this woman. A person that has the idea just to kill would have probably went after more people than just this one android. So, I debate that the suspect and this woman had a previous relationship before it went sour. His target was only this woman therefore after he accomplished his plan, he needed a place to hide. He is either hiding behind something or hiding in plain sight in a disguise."

Connor slowly nods to Hank's ideas, doing a final puff before discarding his cigarette. "Not bad robo-cop, not bad. Now, what so you suppose we do need to do? I'm clueless so I got nothing to propose," Connor adds, looking up at Hank. Hank towers over Connor still, a much taller man compared to his human partner. It felt odd for Hank to have to look down at his work partner but Connor isn't bothered at all.