10 || we really need a security system

As soon as Maggie lays down on her bed, a shot rings out

As soon as Maggie lays down on her bed, a shot rings out. She bolts up, sweating bullets. Before she knows it, she is plunged into a memory.

The 13-year-old members of the Umbrella Academy wait outside the Capital West Bank for Luther's signal.

A man's voice yells from inside the bank, "Hey, get them behind the counter!" Luther signals for them to go, and they all head inside.

Allison walks up to one of the robbers who tells her, "Hey, get back with the others."

"I heard a rumor," Allison starts.

"What? What did you say?"

"I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot," Allison whispers to him. As if something goes over him, he aims his gun at his friend and shoots.

Luther takes the distraction to jump down into the building. He bangs the nearby robber into the counter then throws him across the room, but he accidentally throws to far and he flies out of the building.

Diego runs into the building saying, "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." Maggie runs in after him with a bow and arrow laughing hysterically. Diego throws a knife at the same time that Maggie releases an arrow.

Diego's knife curves its path and hits its target, but Maggie's arrow hits the same person. Maggie turns to Diego annoyed, "I thought you were going for the one on the right!"

"I told you that I was going left," Diego yells back. Maggie just rolls her eyes and runs off to Allison.

One of the remaining robbers points his gun at the four supers and yells, "Get back, you freaks!"

Diego yells up at him, "Hey, be careful up there, buddy."

Allison says, "Yeah, wouldn't want you to get hurt."

As soon as the words leave her mouth, Five blips in behind him. He shoots at him, but Five quickly blips away, unharmed. He reappears in front of the robber, who tries to shoot, but is unable to because his gun is now a stapler.

"Ooh," Five says, "That's one badass stapler!" He hits the guy in the head with the stapler, and he goes down. Maggie claps happily, and Five bows.

Klaus comes in with Ben after it's their turn. Ben turns to the others and asks in a small voice, "Do I really have to do this?"

Luther sighs, "Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault."

"Come on, Luther," Maggie mocks. "You know how hard this is for him." She turns to Ben with a smile. "I can do it if you want."

He shakes his head with a sigh, "I didn't sign up for this." He heads inside of the vault and shuts the door behind him.

Once inside, the glass doors allow the others to see the monster inside. People's tortured screams can be heard through the door. Blood covers the glass.

Eventually, Ben comes out covered in blood. He says with a sigh, "Can we go home now?"

Maggie reaches into her pocket, grabs a tissue, and hands it to Ben. He takes it with a small smile.

Once Ben has cleaned up his face a little, they head out of the bank. They stand in number order with Maggie next to Ben, who is shaking slightly. She grabs his hand and whispers to him, "I'll ask Mom once we get home if we can have some ice cream."

He gives her a strained smile and whispers back, "Thank you, Mags." She nods in response and turns back to the reporters yelling questions at them, but not once does she let go of his hand.

Another gunshot brings Maggie out of her daydreaming. With a start, she grabs her bow and arrow and opens the door. Diego runs past the open door and grabs her arm, pulling her along with him. He pulls her to a small alcove and tells her, "Stay here."

He runs out and attacks the one in the blue mask, who yells, "Cha-Cha, shoot him."

Cha-Cha, the one in the pink dog mask, yells back, "Get out of the way, dumbass."

Diego runs past the alcove Maggie is hiding in and pulls her with him. While they are running, she tells him, "You know I can fight, right?" He ignores her and continues running.

Gunshots go off behind them, so they vault off of the railing and land on one of the downstairs couches with a groan. They hide behind a nearby table as running footsteps are heard coming down the stairs.

They start to make a run for it, but the masked intruders fire off a round, making them stay put.

It suddenly stops. Maggie pokes her head around to see Luther fighting both of them singlehandedly. Diego pulls her back behind the protection of the couch before she can see anymore.

Once they hear Allison gasping for breath, however, Diego runs out and fights the person holding her. He turns to Maggie and says, "A little help?"

Maggie gets pulled out of her daze and says, "Oh yeah." She shoots an arrow at the blue masked man's arm that is holding Allison. He lets her go with a scream. Luther then comes over and throws the man across the room.

Luther turns to Maggie and Diego. "You're welcome."

Diego yells at him, "We were doing fine!"

Luther yells back, "Oh, yeah, you really had them-"

Maggie screams at them, "Is this really the time?"

Diego starts to say something but gets cut off by gunshots. They all duck and run out of the room. Vanya comes down the stairs, and Maggie starts to go tell her to leave when Diego holds her back with a shake of the head.

Maggie whispers to him, "Okay, but if she dies it's on you."

Allison bolts downstairs and Maggie follows her. However, they are closely followed by Cha-Cha. Once they reach the bottom of the stairs, they separate, and luckily, Cha-Cha follows Allison.

Maggie takes the time she has to catch her breath, but she is unable to. Recognizing the signs of an asthma attack, she reaches for her inhaler, but it so nowhere to be seen. She frantically checks all of her pockets to no avail. She collapses onto the ground, gasping for air.

A few seconds pass before she feels someone tripping over her sprawled out body. She weakly looks up to see Klaus in a towel listening to music.

He tears the headphones off of his head and leans down next to her. "Shit! Where's your inhaler?" She shrugs. "Stay here. I'll go find it." He puts the headphones back on and dances away.

Before Klaus comes back, however, someone else finds her. The man in the blue mask appears in front of her face. She opens her mouth to scream for help, but he lifts his hand and suddenly the world goes black.

A/N: Another double update? I'm on a roll!