Chapter 9. Kim

Marshall sat in his home studio, staring at his cell phone on the switchboard bench.

He'd just had it out with Kim for the... he lost count how many times today.

Still he had walked in the front door this morning at 7am after falling asleep in Ella's bed, entwined in her body.

Again.

He knew what to expect when he got home, it was the same story each time.

Every time he stayed over hers he reluctantly left, and he was rolling out later and later.

He was getting sloppy, talking on the phone around people, around Kim, he'd almost been caught multiple times.

He still ain't sorted shit.

He sure as hell ain't told Ella he was still "with" Kim.

He seethed to himself as he drank his Bacardi and coke.

He fucking hated Kim.

Proof suddenly appeared "Sup dawg"
He pulled out a blunt and lit it up.

"Being bitched out, you know how it is" Marshall said running his hand through his bleached hair.

"What time did ya get in?"

"7am...."

"Man you out your mind" Proof sighed and took a hit "You need to slow your white ass down, you gonna get caught"

"I like hanging with Ella though, she's so chill, no strings and shit, if I kick Kim to the curb the bitch will take Hailie"

"I know but be smart man, at least stop being sloppy, or you gonna loose all 3 and have to deal with your bitch of a wife divorcing you and taking everything anyways"

Marshall groaned and grabbed the blunt off Proof and took a few tokes.

"When you seeing her again?"

"Gonna try end of the week, Paul's on my ass about this new album"

"Man you gotta come clean, she'll understand, she a good chick"

"And if she don't?"

"Then your stupid ass done fucked up, like I been telling you" Proof snatched the blunt back and glared at Marshall "Stupid ass"

———

Ella sat at the table on her break at the bar staring at her empty glass.

Marshall had messaged her earlier asking if she wanted to hook up at the end of the week.

She did, Ofcouse she did.

She knew he had skeletons, but it didn't stop her from inviting him in.

She knew she was setting herself up for failure.

She was gonna end up broken hearted.

She spun her phone on the table this time, thinking what to text back.

"Fancy seeing you here" a familiar voice next to her said, Ella snapped her head up and froze.

"Been a long time gorgeous"

"I.. I'm just finishing up my break... I have to... go"

"That's a shame, thought we'd catch up" he smirked.

"Maybe another time" Ella stood and walked quickly for the back area.

She walked into the bathroom and locked the door, heart pounding against her chest.