Love

The team had just come back from a mission, it went well and they saved the neighboring planet, eventually creating an alliance between them. The aliens were very gentle and comprehensive, and invited them to a party to celebrate Voltron and their planet's safety.

On the party all of the Voltron members were very happy, except one, Shiro. He acted like he was happy even though he was fuming with anger towards Lance.

The party came to an end, and the group excused themselves politely, heading to their ship and saying their goodbyes to the kind aliens.

They boarded the ship, and parked their lions on the hangar, Hunk, Pige, Keith, and Lance came out their lions, heading to the kitchen but they realized Shiro wasn't there.

Worried, they shouted for him and asked through the comms. "Shiro?!" "Shiro??" "Shiro bud, are you here?!" A frustrated growl escaped from the other's lips, shutting the teenagers up.

"U-um. Shiro we're going to grab a snack, you can join us when you get out of Black." Lance announced, the others following behind him, catching up to his long strides.

They were at the kitchen, looking for what to eat, but only finding the same gloppy green goop. "Lance, please come to the hangar. I'll be waiting for you here. Now." Shiro said sternly through the comms.

"Uh, I'll go. You can wait for me here." Lance shifted awkwardly and stepped out the kitchen. "Should we go see what's going on?" Pidge asked, being the little nosy kid she is. The others sheepishly nodded and peeked by the door of the hangar.

"I-i'm here Shi-" "What was that Lance?! You did terrible today at the mission! You were supposed to cover Keith but instead you covered Pidge!" Shiro shouted furiously. "I'm sor-" "Don't 'I'm sorry' me. I'm sorry won't fix and repair a defeated planet! Will it Lance?! Will it?! ANSWER ME"

Lance shook his head quickly, tears flowing out of his eyes and dripping to the floor. Shiro realized what he had just done. He made Lance cry. He made Lance McClain cry.

The others gasped as they say their friends cry silently, trying to hold in choked sobs. They decided to give up their hiding place and walked over to Lance, hugging him and rubbing his arms and sides.

"No, stop." Lance mumbled, reaching to wipe his tears and push others away. He reached for his bayard, and it transformed into a small handgun.

No one knew Lance had unlocked a new bayard form. They stepped back cautiously, afraid Lance will do something bad.

"Lance. I didn't mean to make you cry, I know I pushed you a little over the edge, but that doesn't mean you get to shoot someone here." Shiro nervously said, trying to keep his composure.

"Oh no. I'm not killing any of you. I would never do that, I love you all too much for that. You are my space family, and only decent family I ever had. That's why I'm saying goodbye with all my heart. I'm tired. I'm so very tired. And I'll finally get the rest I always wished for since the garrison. I love you all." No one could actually understand what was happening.

Until Lance put the gun up to his head.

"Calm down Lance! We can talk about it." Keith started cautiously walking towards Lance, but stopped when Lance clicked the safety off.

Lance started crying, covering his mouth with his free hand, starting to pull the trigger. Keith lunged forward and knocked the gun out of Lance's hand, grazing Lance's finger slightly.

Lance broke down and collapsed to the floor, banging his fist to the hard cold floor, his knuckles wearing off and bleeding. Keith rushed to his side, and grabbed Lance's wrist quickly with a firm grasp, making Lance almost scream, only to let out a mixture of a gasp and a whimper.

Keith quickly understood and softened his grip, eyes stinging with tears and concern. The other's joined in, some already sobbing. "L-let's go to the lounge to talk about this better." Lance said.

Everyone nodded in agreement, Lance slowly stood up, Keith offering to help but he declined and said he would do it himself. He followed behind them in an awkward silence.

Lance looked back, and saw the gun in the floor, luring him to use it. He gave in, and quietly went to grab the gun. He put it up to his head, more tears escaping his eyes.

Keith looked back to check on Lance, only to not find him. "SHIT." He took off towards the hangar, leaving the others startled and confused behind him.

The automatic doors opened.

BANG

"No...nonononononono, this can't be happening. Lance! L-ance!" broken sobs erupted out of his throat as he slowly walked towards Lance in disbelief. He sat down at his side, carefully lifting his head and putting it on his lap ignoring the blood.

He brushed Lance's bangs out of his forehead, and rubbed his soft tan cheeks to erase the tear tracks with his thumbs. Keith grabbed Lance's hand and brought it up to his own pale cheek, "Lance. Wake up. I-its not f-funny" a scream full of pain and sorrow came out his throat.

A comforting hand was placed on his shoulder, he looked up to see Shiro crying, a welcoming look in his eyes. And he jumped on top of Shiro, crying his eyes out. Soon, the others joined, hugging each other and crying.

Keith got off of Shiro and hugged Lance's cold limp corpse tightly, not wanting to let go,

"I love you.."