I'm so sorry for the late updates, I love all of you <3

“Good morning paladins!” Allura clapped her hands in the empty room, the sound echoing uncomfortably and overly loud for the sleep induced paladins. Pidge made a face, “And why are we up earlier than usual?” She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, hearing Keith call bullshit on the excuse Allura hasn’t even verbalized.

“Well, Coran and I found an old gadget we used to play with. When I say we, I mean Coran supervising me playing with other children.”

“Ah yes, the princess as a child was very energetic. I can still remember her pulling at my pants telling me she’d like to play with the-”

“And the point is?” A grumpy Keith demanded.

“So, what this does is that it exchanges bodies temporarily. It only lasts a few hours, and I think this will help in bonding. All you need to do is sit down, one pair at a time, each person will put one of the two helmets on, I’ll flick this switch, and the machine will use some of your quintessence to change your bodies.”

Hunk audibly whined, “I don’t wanna share my body, that’s weird.” Followed by the whole team saying things related to it.

“Oh shush. With this you’ll know your teammate’s limits of their body. How much they can eat, or how flexible they are. Small things like these can be very important when in battle or coming up with a quick plan. We have to know each other like the palm of our hand.”

“Oh! Also, Pidge you can skip this if you’d like. Incase you’re uncomfortable, we also have an odd number of people too.”

“Gladly, thanks Coran.”

“Coran, my man. That was not cool, why are we supposed to do this but she gets to just skip.” Lance rolled his eyes, plopping to the floor, signaling Allura he’d like to go first and just get this done with. Taking an angry bite out of his granola bar (at least the alien equivalent of one).

“She’s the only girl teammate that fights with us out there, of course she’d be uncomfortable… or it's just Pidge being Pidge and she’s lazy.” Hunk shrugged, leaning on the wall.

“Grow up a little, and stop fucking eating Lance.” Keith snarled, sitting next to Lance. Lance almost choked when he heard that, now he felt bad for eating a granola bar. But he couldn’t help it, his stomach hurt from the constant hunger, unsatisfied with the gallons of water Lance gave it to substitute the greasy caloric food. 

“Keith, watch your language.” Shiro pinched the bridge of his nose, leaning on the wall alongside Hunk.

“I’m sorry.” Lance quickly shoved the wrapper in his jacket’s pocket, slamming on the helmet. Keith instantly felt guilty at how raw and genuinely sad Lance sounded, but he ignored it, letting it pool low in his gut before slipping on his own helmet. 

Allura flipped the switch, the machine giving a soft whirl before taking some of the boys’ quintessence, Lance closed his eyes and pinched his lips, wringing his fingers nervously. They both flopped to the ground unconscious. Shiro was already checking up on both of them, lightly slapping Lance’s cheek.

“Oh god what happened.”

“Jesus, you gave me a scare.”

“How’s Lance doing?”

“Shit I banged my head.” Lance rubbed his eyes, rubbing his head, shooting up as he felt thick dark locks in between his pale fingers.

“Holy FUCK it worked. Where’s the mirror Allura had Coran bring earlier in the morning?” Hunk pointed behind Lance, which he turned around and gasped at the sight.

Lance wasn’t gonna lie, Keith was attractive, hot as hell. Nice white skin, thick dark hair, absolutely stunning purple eyes. And Lance just wanted to be like him, to be.. to be attractive. That’s the only reason why Lance stuck to his skin care routine.