Chapter 32

I watched Calvin take a deep breath in before pulling down the front door handle, my hands were still trembling causing the knife to shake, warm tears were still falling from my cheeks onto my black vest top.

This was the moment, I clenched tighter around the knife to preventing it falling then pushed it out infront of me.

The minute Calvin opened the front door I was greeted by wide hazel eyes I loosened my grip around the knife before placing it on the floor slowly.

I never looked away from him as he stepping into the hallway, Calvin closed the front door behind Adam, I forced myself to walk down the stairs slowly still keep eye contact I wanted to run to him, to cling to his body so tightly as relief washed over my body.

We was safe, Jacob really was gone.

I could see Adam body begin to relax as he watched my every move, he exhaled a deep breath before placing his hand over his heart, by the time I reached the bottom of the stairs he surround himself on me, he held the back of my head as my face nuzzled against his cold neck, I closed my eyes feeling my tense muscles beginning to relax as his strong arms snuggled around my scared body.

I was happy he was here but how the hell did he know secretly I needed him?

"Baby," he breathed against my ear.

My eyes were still closed as his formular voice continued to echo around me.

"Are you hurt?" He added as he pulled me away from him to check me over, I shook my head feeling a sense of calmness begin to flow through my body, only Adam would have this effect on me.

"What happened, wheres the bloke?"

I frowned up at him "How did you know?"

He gestured over at Calvin using his head "He came to mine, asked for money and said you was in danger, I'm sorry I took so long I had to wait for---"

I placed my index finger against his lips to silence him "Don't apologise, you done nothing wrong" I peeked past Adam to see Calvin watch us intensely I narrowed my eyes at him "You asked Adam for the money, really Calvin!" I whisper shouted if the kids wasn't upstairs sleep I would be shouting how could he knock on Adam's door ask for that amount of money.

Calvin shrugged his shoulders "I didn't have another choice Millie, where did you think the money come from"

"You Calvin, I didn't want Adam involved. You need to leave now," I hissed as I brushed past Adam and opened the front door, I stared at Calvin wishing I did punch him earlier he definitely fucking deserved it, just when I think I've seen the worst theres always something else.

Calvin was about to open his mouth but Adam stepped beside me to glare at Calvin "I'd walk out this house if I was you before you have two black eyes, and you owe me seven grand asshole." Adam nostrils flared as he continued to throw daggers at Calvin.

"I know, I'll pay you back all of it" Calvin breathed as he walked out the front door I didn't bother giving him any more of my time as I closed the door.

The minute Calvin was out of sight Adam pulled me against his chest, inhaled my scent and kissed my cheek. "I was worried sick, why didn't you call me Mils,"

"That's excatly why I didn't, you don't need all this shit put on you. Yes I was scared but I'm fine I'm not hurt the kids are fine, he took the money and left. I'm sorry Calvin took money from you I'll go to the bank tomorrow and take it out the kids fund." I showed him a embarrassed smile.

He shook his head down at me before taking both my cheeks in his hands "I don't care about the money Mils, I'm just glad you and the kids are okay Calvin said they was gunna hurt you, if you wasn't here I'd make his face look ten times worse then it does right now for putting you through that, you sure they didn't touch you or hurt you," he breathed