Some assembly required

I had been awake for quite some time  and had thrown on my Paladin armour. I had decided to go for a small walk to the control room to see if anyone else was up and was given a rather loud awakening.
Alarms blared through the castle and I sprinted the rest of the way to the control room. I slid in as Allura spoke into a microphone
"Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking! The castles about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now!" I looked around my quick pace catching up as I toppled over
"Frick that hurt" I groaned as Coran looked over at me
"Hurry! We can't survive much longer!" Allura spoke into the microphone as I picked myself up from the floor
"You've got to sell it a little bit more" Coran whispered as Allura handed him the microphone.
"So your not in trouble." I mumbled and Allura nodded as Coran went on a rant into the microphone
"Good thing as your the only one here" Allura told me before turning towards Coran "Coran..."
"Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening." Coran spoke
"It's over." She grumbled as I looked over to the door as Shiro, Keith, Pidge, and Hunk all stood in the door way.
"-Oh time" he said as he looked over after mumbling something
"I guess this isn't an actual attack." Shiro mumbled as I took my place beside Keith rubbing a hand against my aching cheek.
"And good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?" Allura asked looking towards the older man.
"Seventy five degrees. Oh, sorry. No, this is a meat thermometer." Coran muttered holding it up to his eyes shaking it a bit
"However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Iris is the only one on time. Shiro and Iris are in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your Bayards? And where is Lance?" She asked as the door opened behind us and I didn't bother to turn around all ready knowing it was Lance.
"Good morning, everybody. What's going on?" Lance asked with a yawn as the princess groaned
"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the castle back in order. We had to run on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed." Allura grounded out
"Hey" Hunk started yawning "you got to sleep for 10,000 years, man. Monday night I was on earth. Now I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle. That's a lot to process in, uh... I don't know. What day is today?" Hunk asked
"It's the third quintant of the Spicolian movement. Hump day!" Coran exclaimed as Hunk nodded
"It's a lot to process."
"You must understand the stakes of our mission." The princess grumbled as she brings up a holographic map. The map circled around us showing many red dots.
As I found out they were distress beacons and this ship had received thousands of them. Allura also showed us the Milky Way galaxy and explained that it was inevitable that earth would be attacked. Pidge, Shiro, and Coran bickered a bit before we were sent off to our lions. I was lowered down and jumped onto the zip line and quickly speed down the tunnel. The zip line stopped and I dropped down into a speeder. I kept my head forward as I reached my lion. The speeder rose up, and dropped down as I entered my lion. I headed out into the main yard and landed beside Shiro and watched as Keith, Lance, and Pidge all came and landed around me and Shiro. I sighed as minutes ticked past.
"Should someone go in after him?" Lance asked hesitantly as the yellow lion appeared.
I tuned Hunk out and focused as Shiro spoke to all of us
"All right, guys. Let's just fly in tight formation until we're totally in sync." Shiro offered and all of us responded with the most enthusiastic yeah we could muster. We took off in sync and Allura gave me and shiro a brief notice saying that we needed to feel the bond between us all. Everyone continued to give yeahs as we flew for minutes, eventually becoming dull.
"Whoo... Am I the only one who's still pretending to be excited?" Hunk as and I sighed.
"Clearly, this isn't working. Let's set down for a little bit." I spoke and I briefly heard Keith say something
"What do you mean?" Shiro asked
"I mean, let's try literally building Voltron, like, stacking the lions up" Keith suggested and I smiled
"Like a cheerleader pyramid?"
"You got a better idea" Keith growled mainly towards lance
"It's worth a try" both me and Shiro responded.
It didn't turn out well. No one knew exactly where to go and I had a decent understanding of where our lions went but somehow hunk ended up on top.
Hunk, shiro, and Keith went back and forth debating
"How about we try it so Shiro's the head." I suggested and both Keith and Shiro gave a exhausted yes
"Okay, but next time I call head." Hunk responded and I landed on the ground a bit away from them as Lance and Hunk made the legs, Keith and Pidge the arms and slowly Shiro piloted black down before I places aqua on the black lions back.
"Is everyone bonding and focusing?" Shiro asked and I nodded with a angry groan.
Suddenly Allura popped up on one of aquas screen.
"Sorry to interrupt, but I may be able to help. Yesterday, you weren't able to form Voltron until you were on the heat of battle." Allura started and we all gave words of agreement.
"Perfect. Because I need to run a diagnostic test on all of the castles defences. This should help." Allura smiled as the castle started to fire at us. I screamed and started to pilot around the onslaught of beams. Lance tried to get back in only to be blocked out from the particle barrier.