II

Dedicated & For: my brother and WeForever3 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy Jackson's Point of View

Izaiah.

That was the first thing that popped up into my mind as I brought out the cheap ball-point pen in my pocket; as I uncapped the writing utensil it sprang to its true form, a bronze-edged sword sparking brown.

The monsters swarming in before noticed the shining blade and charged at me one by one. First was a monster, someone who appeared to be a sweet old granny if you only looked at her face. Then you looked down and saw her moose feet. 

Swish. Slash. The chiming of my blade clashed with the mutant's skin as she dispersed into a pile of gray ashes.

The second, third, fourth and so on had the same fate: becoming a pile of pretty ashes. A second passed as another charged - they don't seem to have enough intelligence to realise that maybe chargin me wasn't the best choice.

Sigh. When will it be the day when monsters see me and be like, "OH NO, ITS PERCY JACKSON!!" and run? 

When that day finally comes, I will be so happy. Maybe then I could live a *cough cough* normal life. At least a normal one for a demigod.

After mountains of ashes appeared at my feet, one of the monsters became smarter and ran away - to Izaiah, standing thirty feet away, looking unready for monsters. It pounced, and suddenly a bolt of blue thunder shot down from the clouded sky, evaporating the monster on the spot. I stared long enough for a monster to leap for my throat, and it caught it, toppling me off my feet. I was choking.

Coughing frantically, desperate for air, I slashed into wherever was in front of me, my conscience losing hope blackness creeped along the edges of my vision. No! I thought. I won't let it end like this!

Several more thunderbolts zoomed down from the sky as three more crumbled to ashes. Izaiah could not help me with lightning, and he knew, if he shot one down, he'd hit me - killing the monster, yet letting me get fried in the process.

"ARGHHHH!!!!"

As the edge of the metal hit the chest of whatever monster leaped at me, hope began to swell at my chest as my foggy vision cleared, making me able to see as I slashed at the monster at my feet.

"Here!" shouted Izaiah as winds that he controlled swept a block of ambrosia to me. Picking it up and chewing it in my mouth, it tasted like gyoza, something my mom makes (in blue) on Poseidon and her's anniversary.

The comfort only lasted a second as another charged, but it collapsed into dust as something blue shot from the sky once again.

"That's about the last of them," Izaiah commented, and I looked out unbelievingly. He was right, somehow. Maybe he knocked out more than I thought.

Wait.

Knocked out?

I turned and looked at the ashes: they were already reforming, yet some are dead. His blue lightning was not strong enough to defeat the higher level monsters in one shot. I understood that. Still, I have a dark feeling...

"Percy! Izaiah!" A voice shouted, a voice recognizable as Chiron's silky low voice. "Are you alright-" he spotted the crumbled ashes. Under his hair, an expression of fresh relief brought joy to myself.

I ran to my cabin, the Poseidon cabin, and jumped onto my bed, where I dug my face into the pillow and fell asleep despite the aching thoughts on my mind.

---------------------

I was walking down Camp Half-Blood's way to my cabin when it turned into Camp Jupiter. Annabeth was there too, locking arms with me as they grazed eachother's.

Then suddenly Chiron was there, followed by an icy girl I think I fought on my journey battling the Earth Mother. Choine? Chione? My mind was fogged. Maybe I'm in a dream.

Then Chiron's face turned into a paler one, with raven black hair darker than mine, black-purple eyes with a almost chilling fire to them.

Then Camp Jupiter, along with Annabeth, was gone, and all was left was a black void, a black surrounding, a black area.

Then Chiron and Chione were there, looking at me when a weasel popped out of nowhere and I jumped. Chiron, as the dark-haired lady, had a lilac flame that faded to icy blue on the tip of her pale fingers. Chione was gathering her magic energy, and I put my hand into my pocket.

Riptide wasn't there.

Chiron murmured something, then glared at me with bone-frosting purple eyes. I nearly cracked in fear from her glare, but it softened into sympathy.

Putting her hand up, Chione then gathered a ball of crystal-blue energy, and blasted it at me. Leaping up in a dodging motion, I tried to run but the sphere followed me, gathering speed as it finally caught it's prey.

To be honest, I thought it would hurt more, but it was a freezing feeling that blasted me instead of pain. Suddenly I felt the energy source of the sea still for a second, and I could not tell how. 

"Be brave, little hero," said the Chiron-mutant, "for now you have the blessing of ice from the goddess Hecate herself!"

---------------------

I woke up with a start.

There was no way that that dream was real. I was finally cracking from all the craziness of the godly world. Sighing to myself, I repeated, "NoitwasnotHecateitwasadream", and "Youarefinallygoingcrazy".

But I soon realized that the monsters that got into our camp were still a big deal. Chiron did not like what happened yesterday, frowning more than usual. "I have thought... traitor... Kronos... Gaea... beyond that?" I heard him mumble during the day.

Annabeth was similar. When she saw me, she either exclaimed, "I'm sorry!" or "who would... new kid.... Zeus... Athena... Poseidon...." and even more of the Olympians, as if she was thinking it through. Sometimes, at night, I would wander out and hear her voice, murmuring words in Latin and Greek.

Finally, the day came when Chiron asked (commanded) a meeting at the Big House.

Fifteen people, demigod, centaur, and god, sat around the round table, each looking moodier by the second. Representatives of each cabin, the cabin counsellors, looked at eachother, knowing no good could come from a sudden meeting.

Izaiah, counsellor (and only child in Camp Half-Blood) of Zeus, sat at the front, his blonde hair looking dirtier after the fight we had against the horde of monsters. Nico, who was called from Camp Jupiter, came as the Messenger of Hades, sitting on Izaiah's right [1], while I was sitting on his left.

The rest I either did not know or I couldn't remember his or her name. The only other I knew was Annabeth and Piper, from the Athena and Aphrodite cabins respectively.

"We have an... important... thing to discuss." Chiron started. "The Oracle... has spoken."

Uh oh.

"The words of Rachel Elizabeth Dare.... I cannot say that I understand, and I will tell them to you, lest you might." his eyes narrowed, as if he did not believe he did.

                "darkness within, heroes shall face,

                  for it shall break under the death glare.

                  It rises, if the light shall not care,

                   perishes them both, if ice does not back and stare"

I widened my eyes.

My dream.

The blessing of ice.

Is this talking about me?

~~~~~~~~~

1241 words