Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

ELEVEN: THE NIGHT OF

THE NIGHT OF
October 13, 2018

The four of them sat on the Queen-sized bed, each holding a red-solo-cup, a deck of cards in the center. It was just after nine p.m. and the night was still young. They didn't plan on leaving for the club until at least ten o'clock.

Each of them had their own alcohol tolerance, but it was Rylie who was feeling it the most. She was a petite thing – five-foot-four and just about one hundred pounds – so after only four shots of tequila, she was drunk. McKenna was feeling the alcohol in a nice way, the warm sensation radiating throughout her body. She loved that feeling. Light in the head, tongue numb. She didn't drink often, but when she did, she had the feeling of invincibility.

Isaac and Carter had higher tolerances, of course. Each of them were sipping beers and periodically pouring shots of tequila. Terrible combo. Rylie squeezed a lime into her mouth and threw the rind at Isaac. They were good together, Rylie and Isaac. They had been dating for almost two years now, something that sparked from a friendship. Carter and Isaac had met in their sophomore year of college and had been close friends ever since. McKenna – the newest member to the group – didn't know the others as well as she knew Carter, but she had developed a by-proxy friendship with Rylie over the past few months.

They had already played a series of drinking games to get the night started. They began with King's Cup, had moved onto Would You Rather, and then, Most Likely To.

"Most likely to..." Rylie said, finger to her pursed lips. "Make-out with a complete stranger tonight."
On the count of three, everyone pointed a finger. Rylie, Isaac, and McKenna were all pointing at Carter, but Carter was pointing at McKenna.
Since all parties were pointing at him, Carter had to drink. He took a sip then cleared his throat. "Most likely to... win the lottery."
On three, Carter pointed to himself, McKenna pointed to Rylie, and Rylie and Isaac pointed to Carter.
"He's obsessed with buying lottery tickets," Rylie explained to McKenna.
"Oh, I'm aware," she countered. "I just don't think he's ever going to win." She winked at him.
"Fuck you," he laughed. "Your turn."
"Okay," McKenna said. "Hmmm. Most likely to have a kid in the next year."
Carter pointed to McKenna, McKenna pointed to Rylie and Isaac, and they were both pointing at Carter.
"Don't get any ideas," Rylie said to Isaac. "We are not having kids."
"Hey, I pointed at Carter," he said.
"Same here," McKenna added.
"What makes you guys think that I'm gunna be the one to have a kid?" Carter asked.
They all shrugged. "Just seem like the type," McKenna joked.

They finished up their rounds of Most Likely To, and moved onto the next game: Never Have I Ever. It was nearing 9:45 and they would need to call the taxi soon. But they still had a good ten minutes left of drinking before they'd need to wrap things up.

The rules were simple: you say something that you've never done, and everyone in the group who has done that has to drink. The goal is to exploit your opponents by stating things that you know they've done. It was a fun way to get everyone drunk.

"Alright," Isaac said, starting off the game. "Never have I ever... been to Mexico."
Rylie smirked and took another shot of tequila. She had gone on vacation there last spring. Then it was her turn. "Never have I ever... had a threesome," she looked around the circle.
Carter poured some tequila into a shot glass and drank.
"Nice," Rylie remarked.
He shook his head and cleared his throat. "Never have I ever... wore makeup," he said, winking at the girls. Rylie and McKenna clinked their cups together and took a sip.
It was McKenna's turn. "Never have I ever..." she thought. "Done ecstasy."
Isaac, Rylie, and Carter all took a sip from their cups.
Back to Isaac. "Never have I ever... kissed a dude."
Rylie and McKenna rolled their eyes and took another sip from their cups.
"Never have I ever," Rylie said. "Watched porn."
"Yeah right," Carter said, but both he and Isaac brought their cups to their lips to drink.
"Never have I ever," Carter said. "Fucked Isaac," he sneered as he looked to Rylie. She laughed and took another shot.
"Never have I ever," McKenna thought for a moment. "I'm so drunk, I can't even think of anything."
"I have one," Rylie piped up, shooting a look to Carter. "Never have I ever fucked McKenna."
The room went silent.
Everyone watched as Carter lifted his drink to his mouth to take another sip.

icon lock

Show your support for a.r. tyler, and continue reading this story

by a.r. tyler
@AbbyRoseTyler
On a cold and stormy night in October, six people enter a hotel room...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 82 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @AbbyRoseTyler.