medusa

"But I always thought you'd come back, tell me all you found was heartbreak and misery. It's hard for me to say, but I'm jealous of the way you're happy without me."

"I've been through too much Jackson, and now all of a sudden my mother wants to come back in my life?"

Karma - Word Count : 3184 UNEDITED

"She's been asking for you."

I didn't have to look up to know the voice belonged to Callie Torres.

Putting my pen down, I sighed.

"I know. You tell me everyday, I promise I'll come by after I get off...how is she holding up?"

Callie scoffed before looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"She's not my Arizona," she whispered.

"She hates me. And she doesn't want to talk to anyone. She doesn't even want to eat. She only wants you, which I understand."

I gave her a smile before walking away.

I found the nearest supply closet before sliding down on the floor.

I tried to get control of my breathing.

I hated thinking about what happened to us.

The truth is, I miss Lexie.

I close my eyes, clearing my mind.

A knock on the door broke me out of my thoughts.

"Karma? Are you in here?" They knocked again and then opened the door.

My vision was blurred so I couldn't tell who it was before they touched me.

Jackson.

"It's okay baby. You're okay, shhh. You're fine. Can you tell me where you are?" He asked.

"The hospital." I whispered, clutching his white coat.

"What's my name? Do you know who I am? What am I to you?" He continued to ask me.

"I know who you are, Jackson."

"Okay, okay that's good. What are we?"

You are not slick, Avery.

"Hm. Trying to figure out the status of our relationship while I'm having a panic attack? Real smooth, Avery." I looked up at him, a faint smile playing at my lips.

His face turned red.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to-"

"It's okay Jackson," I smoothed out his coat and then stood up.