X

It was night as our ship made its decent onto Kijimi.

"We gotta get Kai's armor off," I said suddenly.

"Why?" Rey asked.

"This planet is full of thieves and bounty hunters. If she wears her Mandalorian out there, she's gonna have a big target in her back. She's not in any state to fight back either."

I watched Kai as her chest gently rose and fell.

"I'm going to have to carry her," I realized.

I took my scarf that I had placed underneath her head as a pillow and wrapped it around her face for her dignity's sake.

Then, I took her armor pieces and threw them into a bag. I wasn't about to leave them on the ship, but they couldn't be out in the open either.

I attempted to hoist an unconscious Kai and her sack of armor over my shoulder.

"Here," Finn offered, taking the bag from me.

I threw my cloak around Kai and myself to disguise her body.

"Let's go," I said, pulling up my hood.

As we stepped out onto the snow covered planet, I realized the city was crawling with various Stormtroopers.

Just my luck . . .

"They're everywhere," I said to Finn and Rey as we crouched behind a corner. "Alright, I know what we should do—"

"So do I. We should leave!" the droid protested.

"Clam it, 3-PO," I scolded.

I felt Kai's hand ever so softly grip my shoulder.

"Follow me," I decided. We moved down another street.

"Alright—" My sentence was cut off by the familiar feeling of a blaster to my temple.

"Heard you were spotted at Monk's Gate," said a robotic female voice. "Thought: he's not stupid enough to come back here."

"Oh, you'd be surprised," I said nervously.

"Who's this?" Rey pressed.

"Guys, this is Zorii. Zorii, this is Finn and Rey, and Kai," I said shifting the Mando's dead weight on my shoulder. Her feet still dangled limply.

"I could pull this trigger right now," Zorii continued.

"I've seen you do worse," I began.

"For a lot less," Zorii spat.

"Can we just . . . Talk about this?" I asked cautiously, my eyes flitting down to Kai on my shoulder.

Zorii still didn't lower her blaster.

"She needs help, Zorii," I said.

"I want to see your brains in the snow," Zorii growled.

"You're still mad?" I guessed. "We still could use your help. We need to crack this droid's head open and fast," I said.

"Pardon me!" 3-PO objected.

"We're trying to find Babu Frik."

"Babu?" Zorii began. "Babu only works for the Crew. That's not you any more."

"What Crew?" Rey asked.

"Funny he never mentioned it?" Zorii continued. "Your friend's old job was running spice."

"You were a spice runner?" Finn asked.

"You were a stormtrooper?" I countered.

"You were a spice runner?" Rey pressed again.

"You were a scavenger?" I retorted. "We could do this all night."

"You don't have all night," Zorii said, stepping closer with her blaster raised. "You know I'm still digging out of the hole you put me in when you left to join the Resistance." Zorii moved around our group, then looked to Rey. "You. You're the one they're looking for. Bounty for her just might cover us . . . Jacanka!" she ordered.

"No jacanka!" I said.

As the Crew took aim, Rey whipped out her staff. She smacked down their guns in an instant. Zorii took aim at her.

Rey ignited her lightsaber.

"We could really use your help. Please," Rey said.

"Not that you care," began Zorii. "But I think you're okay."

"I care," said Rey. She disengaged her lightsaber and helped Zorii to her feet.