Part 3: Life as it shifts

The meeting with PureSide was at ten downtown at their main office, she was standing in her small closet staring at shelves of workout clothes and a small section of other stuff. She had braided her hair in a tight fishtail braid after her bath last night so it would be crimped today.

"You've been standing there for twenty minutes." Benny walked past in slacks and a white t-shirt.

"What if I just show up in my lifting shorts?"

"What about those black flowy pant things, um, that you wore to that thing."

"Oh right!" She dug under all her sports bras and pulled out the wide legged dress pants she'd gotten for an event, and paired it with a blue button up collared sleeveless shirt and the only pair of heeled shoes she owned.

"Why are you nervous?" He asked.

"I'm not nervous—I'm more nervous about the car ride there with you and Andrew." She took out her braid and flipped her head up and down a few times.

"This is a cool thing, remember when that egg place sponsored me? Was sweet before they went belly up." He slid his wallet inside his pants pocket with his keys and she grabbed her floppy old purse. She stood for a moment and took a deep breath, then her phone beeped. "He's here, please be nice."

She sat nervously in the backseat as the two men bantered back and forth.

"So when is this fight between you and Tony?"

"Don't worry about it, you're not my manager or my lawyer, thankfully." Benny crossed his arms, he looked so big in the compact sports car.

"Okay! That's enough talking." she leaned forward and slapped on the radio. They were welcomed into the bright blue building by a nicely dressed young woman with a headset and they were led into a large glass walled conference room, there was water and juice set out along with a fruit and veggie platter, bagels and spreads and some muffins and pastries.

"All vegan of course, please make yourself comfortable and the guys will be right in." Before sitting down, Olivia grabbed a plate and piled it high with strawberries and mangoes, and then a bagel smeared thickly with cream cheese, Benny went for a coconut muffin. Two men in jeans and t-shirts came in, followed by a man in a tight suit with an armload of paperwork.

"Olivia! Benny!" Hugs and handshakes were exchanged, "Andrew." They nodded.

"Fitz, Freddy, good to see you." She sat down.

"So we are ready to do this then?" Fitz sat across the table and Freddy sat next to Benny.

"Yes, you guys know I love your stuff." She took a giant bite of the bagel, mostly to see Andrew's disapproval at her unprofessionalism. Fitz and Freddy were identical twin brothers and world renowned triathlon and crossfit athletes who had been vegan the last fifteen years, and created PureSide eight years ago. It had blown up into a multibillion—multinational product. Olivia liked them because they started with nothing and were hands on with their company as much as they could be. Andrew and the other lawyer were already deep into the paperwork and ear marking pages. Freddy slid a smaller packet in front of them.

"The contract is basically saying we pay you a signing bonus and monthly salary, clothes and products, a discount code and you agree to do photoshoots, video shoots, public appearances, shout outs on your social medias—" He flipped through the pages and Olivia skimmed over everything.

"It works around my fights and meets right?"

"Absolutely, that's why we love you, for what you do, so we don't want to interfere in that." Fitz said and poured a large glass of green juice