Seek Revenge

Diya pushed the button to close the elevator repeatedly before her mom took her hand .
"Baby I know, just try to breathe okay?" Diya saw Cheyenne's lips moving but she could not make out a word she was saying .

Ice was awake. Was she dreaming? She pinched her arm and she felt real pain. Yes! This was real and he was awake. When the elevator finally opened she took off bumping into a few people and not apologizing. She sprinted down the the hallway until she reached his room... but once at his door she froze. Her parents were able to catch up to her.

"What's wrong Diya?" Cheyenne rubbed her back.

Diya fondled with her hair and checked her breath. She pulled at her clothes and it dawned on her she was wearing a pajama shorts set. Her body was a bit exposed and now she was nervous.

"You just heard your boyfriend woke up at almost midnight. Who cares what you have on? Plus, you look damn good honey. He won't care." Cheyenne hugged her mom and slowly opened the door.

"Mom, just give him and I a moment alone please." Diya smiled at her mom as she nodded. Diya entered the room closing the door behind them .

There was a nurse by his bedside helping him eat, but he looked up right into Diya eyes and her legs grew stiff. Then he smiled and she could no longer hide her tears. The nurse was now aware of Diya's entrance .

"I will be back to check on you Mr. Brown." She patted his leg and smiled at Diya as she passed her.

"God bless you sweetie." The nurse squeezed Diya's hand.

"What I told you about that?" Damn it felt good to here that voice.

"No tears, not around you ...not from me ." She was trying to calm down.

"Why are you so far away? Come over here so I can love on you." He reached out his hand and she rushed over climbing into bed with him .

"I missed you you soooo much." She hugged him tight .

"I know, you told me everyday." He teased and she pulled away.

"You heard me?" She was concerned.

"I heard a few things, but that's for a later day." He bit his lip. Diya pushed him.

"Ugh, oh yeah you're back." They laughed .

"Have you called Gam?" She asked.

" No. Just you." He answered quickly.

"How come?" She wondered.

"I was confused, and weak . Nurses and doctors were in here all evening. They have been drawing blood, helping me eat and drink all sorts of things. One nurse was telling me how I should at least call my girlfriend. I asked her how she knew I had one? She claimed you were here almost every single day and sometimes you'd stay overnight. She said you would read to me, sing, keep me updated with my sports, but lately you smiled a little less. Like hope was leaving your heart." Diya felt embarrassed. She hoped he didn't feel she had given up.

His hand settled on her cheek. He kissed her lips and she instantly knew everything was forgiven.

"She was right and I'm sorry ." Diya admitted.

"For what? Statistics of waking from a coma and fully recovering is not exactly comforting." He made her feel better. "He did shoot me in the face, the chances are even less."

"That's what they were telling me, but they don't know you. You are a fighter and I knew you wouldn't stop. Plus, if you died without saying bye I would of killed you myself." Diya smiled as Ice laughed.