Crash

Vincent's POV
I sat down on the bed and rubbed my eyes. My heart was beating fast and the rage I was feeling wasn't going away any time soon. Was rage the right way to describe it? I fell backwards onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

"I really am a monster aren't I?" I said to myself. My throat became tight and I felt tears in my eyes forming. I harshly rubbed my eyes and gripped my hair.

It's not any of her business what I do at work. I treat her like a princess as Vincent, why should she care who William is. My frustration was growing and I gripped my hair tighter, trying to suppress whatever urges I had.

I needed to break something. I needed to tear something apart. I needed to do something destructive. I sat up on my bed, clenching my fist. I saw a glass on my night stand. Without hesitation, I grabbed it and threw it against my wall with a loud grunt.

I stood there with my fist clenched, tears streaming down my face. I fell to my knees and curled up into a ball. I then heard a knock at the door.

Y/N POV
While you were sitting on the couch, comforting yourself, you heard a loud crash from the bedroom. A jumped up and looked down the hall. You hesitated to check on him, but you knew it was the right thing to do.

You quietly walked down the hallway and gently pressed you ear against the door. You heard him hit the floor, and some sniffles. You lightly knocked. You heard Vincent take a sharp breath.

"Can I come in?"

There was a pause.

"No."

"I'm coming in anyway." You said as you slowly opened the door a smidge.

"Didn't going places you were told not to go get you in trouble in the first place." His voice was raspy.

You froze for a second, thinking about what to do. He had a point.

"I think the situation here is a little different, don't you?"

He was silent. You opened the door a bit more to see if he would stop you. When he didn't, you finally let yourself in. You looked over and saw shards of glass lying on the floor. You watched your step as you made your way over to Vincent. You crouched down next to him and rubbed his back.

"Don't touch me," he snapped. You quickly pulled your hand away. After a second you heard a whimper and he started to shift.

He gently set his head in your lap and sniffled. His gaze was straight ahead. You gently touched his hair, hoping he wouldn't snap at you again. Brushing his hair back behind his ear, you heard him whisper "I'm sorry"

You wiped his tears from his cheek. You seen his mouth twitch into a soft smile. Your heart melted and you kissed his forehead. Was the man laying in your lap really the one that caused that whole scene? You continue to pet his hair and thought to yourself. I'm in for a wild ride.