02- During detention

❗️Disclaimer ❗️
I do not own Jumanji: welcome to the jungle in any way, shape or form except Jessie Playger and Davina Bell.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

During detention

During detention

Ringing filled the hallways signaling the end of the school day.

"Well... isn't this a fun group?" Principal Bentley said, leaning on a desk behind him.

In front of him sat Spencer, Fridge, Martha and Bethany. All of them were 'relaxed' except for Spencer. Spencer sat on the edge of his seat with tension in his shoulders. Quickly, he raised his hand, catching Bentley's attention.

"Yes, Spencer?" The principal sighed.

"I want to say that I'm sorry." Spencer answered and sunk into his chair.

Principal Bentley thanked the boy as Bethany tried to explain her story. She was cut off by the principal saying;

"You're all here for a reason. You know what it is. This is what you should be thinking about: Who you are... in this moment in time... and who you want to be. You only get one life. You decide how you're going to spend it. Fortunately... there is no better place for self-reflection than detention." He spoke with a motivating and gentle voice. Then he changed his tone to more of a 'cannot be bothered' , "Get up, everybody. Let's go." As he finished he stood up and left the room, hinting at them to follow him. Spencer shot up from his chair and swung his backpack onto his back then followed the tall man. Not seconds later, the three other high school student slowly followed.

Creaking the door open, Bentley revealed a dull grey room with shelving and a dumpster like container, filled to the brim with newspaper and magazines. The four high school students looked around the basement like room, then at their principal as he spoke.

"We are turning this into a new computer centre but before we do, it has to be cleaned out. These old magazines are bound for the recycling plant but they have to be properly prepped  before they go. It seems all the staples must be removed. So whatever you don't finish today, you finish tomorrow." The man explained, walking back and forth in front of the containers. He received confused glances from his students when he paused.

"Tomorrow's Saturday." Fridge exclaimed.

"Because I wouldn't play football?" Martha questioned.

"I don't think that'll work." Bethany stated.

"That's fair." Spencer replied with Fridge immediately grabbing his backpack.