08- One step closer

❗️Disclaimer ❗️
I do not own Jumanji: welcome to the jungle in any way, shape or form except Jessie Playger and Davina Bell.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

One step closer

One step closer

Silently, Davina sat by the river edge, staring out to the canopy of lush, green trees. All bad things have been avoided or fixed meaning they're progressing forward; closer to the game's end. She was brought back to the real world by the snap of a twig behind her. Rapidly turning her head back, her eyes scanned the area only to land on Fridge.

"You alright?" He kindly asks, advancing toward Davina.

"I'm fine... just thinking." She quietly replied, turning her attention to Fridge. "Thanks for before. Seeing Alex nearly die like that... I- it was like my whole world was tumbling down in seconds... I felt useless."

"No problem but you're not useless." Fridge said, with a smile on his face. He was now sat beside Davina. "You're not useless, you're brave. The many times you helped us, even though you were on your last life and you think you're useless? Even though you make one 'wrong' move, don't judge yourself on that one action." Davina shrugged her shoulders in response.

"That's nice of you to say... and very deep." Davina comments.

"Thanks, ever since i didn't need to worry about football or my grades... I've had time to think, I guess?" Fridge explains.

"Football huh? I remember I once tried football, it didn't end so well." Davina chuckled at the memory. She turned to Fridge, who had a look on his face that encouraged her to talk more. "It was my mom, she loved football when she was younger, she always talked about it but I took more from my dad. My dad was obsessed with the 70s anything from music to video games."

"But 20 years? I just keep thinking about my parents, how they must of felt or are feeling now."

"I'll admit a lot has changed since you two disappeared but this shouldn't stop us from finishing the game." Fridge said before standing up. "I think we should go find the statue."

"Let's do it!" Davina said, enthusiastically.

♦︎

"Aw, come on. Hey!" Fridge yelled at Martha and Spencer, breaking up their moment. "I don't wanna see that. I don't. Not today. While you're down here professing your love for one another, we found the Jaguar. Let's go."

Fridge lead Martha and Spencer to where the other four players where waiting. When they made it to the small clearing of the jungle, all players were now dumbstruck by the sight of the Jaguar statue.