zero.

WELCOME HOME♥︎

WELCOME HOME
♥︎

Freya Porter hadn't expected any of it.
Her year out to go backpacking in Australia was her main concern. Apparently not. She was urgently needed back at her family's house back in London, England.

Australia had been a dream. She had gotten the chance to surf, get a golden sun kissed tan, travel all over the 'land down under', and she had made so many new friends for life. Everything had been perfect. She had even met a few kangaroos, too.

Now, she was back. She was back to her boring and proper life of being yet another high class child in London. The place that she wanted to escape from in the first place, just to get away from her responsibilities and position. She was back, and she didn't know why.

The call seemed urgent. Her mother had always been so orderly and consistent about her weekly calls, but this time had been different. Something exciting was happening in their household, and Freya was dying to know about it. Especially when she had travel back home from the other side of the world.

Once she left the clutches of Heathrow Airport, she was greeted by the mild London sunshine. Outside stood her older brother, Roman, leaning against his slick BMW with navy a blue polo shirt, aviators and a killer smile on his face.

"Welcome home, Freya." They instantly embraced, and then she took in the comforting smell of her older brother. Him, along with a few others things were the reason she did like home. Especially the little figure inside his car jumping up and excitedly. "Adalyn insisted on coming. Her favourite auntie is back, so I had to. Don't tell Clara she said that, though. You know how she is."

Roman politely insisted on putting all of her luggage into the boot of the car for her while Freya went and greeted her one and only niece, Adalyn. It had nearly been a year since she met up with all of her family face to face, if FaceTime didn't count. She did miss them, she had to admit. Family was a huge aspect in her life.

Only seconds after sitting herself into her brother's own vehicle, Freya's vision was instantly greeted by fast blurs of blonde curly hair coming her way. The little Adalyn had jumped into her arms, literally, in the purest sign of glee she had ever witnessed.

"Auntie Freya, you're back! I can't wait to show you my new tea set Mummy got for me! I can make cookies, too. They're so yummy! We should make them when we get home!"

Freya laughed sweetly. "Of course, Adalyn, sweetheart. There's nothing like a good brew of tea and a couple of biscuits! Maybe I can help you bake them this time, I'm sure Mummy and Daddy are busy enough as it is!"

The golden headed girl nodded enthusiastically. "Yes please! This time we need to put extra chocolate chips in them. Mummy gives out to Daddy for eating them before we even start making them and then there's none for the cookies!"

Freya let out another chuckle, but before she could say anything else, Roman opened the driver's door and took a seat at the wheel in front of them.

"Next stop, House Porter!"

The next few minutes consisted of lively chatter from the three year old girl, along with the occasional questions from Roman about her travels in Australia. Freya didn't mind sitting in silence, it was nice to just sit there and observe, as much as she wanted to admit it.

"Why am I here, Roman?" Freya asked seriously, once she noticed that Adalyn was busy brushing the hair of one of her dolls. "This news better be pretty important if I flew all the way from the other side of the world back to London."

She deserved a goddamn explanation.

"You don't know?" Roman frowned. He genuinely looked shocked at her reaction, like the reason hadn't been kept a secret for him, either. "Clara is engaged, and her fellow is quite the gentleman!"

"Clara? Engaged?" Freya couldn't help herself. She laughed in such an unladylike manner. "Ah, good one, Ro! Really, tell me why I shouldn't fly back to Australia right now? Don't lie this time, though!"

"I'm being serious, Freya. Clara really is getting engaged. She's going to get married this time next year. Their wedding is supposed to be in this spectacular location in Italy, serious stuff. It's going to be big."

Clara Porter. Big sister Clara out of all people? Now that was a surprise. Never did Freya ever think that Clara was next to be married, she would've predicted herself before her twenty four year old sister. Something about her didn't scream 'I want to be in a relationship', Clara seemed far too serious and grown up for that kind of thing.

Maybe Freya just had to get used to the news, even if it would take some time to sink in. Time suddenly felt as though it slowed down as the news began registering in her mind.

Her head was placed against the cold window of her brothers car, she had a small smile on her face to conceal her worrying thoughts. Adalyn could be heard in the back, singing loudly to her favourite song, whilst Roman laughed to himself.

Although the blonde woman had made this journey many times before, it seemed longer, different. She hated it. Not that she hated being home, because being home meant seeing her family. She hated that she was going to arrive to a home she had spent her whole life living in, not knowing what it was going to look like, who was going to be there and what was going to happen.

Freya was scared that everything would have changed, and it wouldn't surprise her. It seemed more believable than Clara Porter, her older sister, the girl who had always rejected boys because of her studies, was engaged.

Even though timed seemed to slow down, before she knew it Freya was standing on the front doorstep of her family home. She slowly took a minute to gather her thoughts, before lifting up her sun-kissed hand and knocking on the door.

Freya knew as soon as that door opened her life would change, but not how drastically as she thought.

That's the first chapter up! We're so excited to tell you guys this story! Thank you so much for all the support you've shown us over the past day or two, it really means a lot to us!

- L & S xxx