1. The First Day

I woke up at 6:35. Today was my first day of school at San Fransisco High School. I wasn't particularly nervous, but I wasn't particularly excited either. It was a mix of fear and eagerness. I sat up and stretched. I walked into my bathroom and got ready. I threw on a long-sleeved turtle shirt with some jeans. I took some bandages out of the drawer and wrapper them around my right eye (for reasons). I tried to calm my nerves by breathing in and out.
"Osamu are you ready? We have to go!" Called my mother.
"Coming!" I ran down stairs and snagged some toast from the counter and stuck it in my mouth.
"Ready?" She asked.
"Yep! Lets go!" We headed to the door. "Bye dad!"
"Bye Osamu. Have a nice day." I nodded and me and my mom hopped into the car. Her in the drivers seat and me in the passenger seat. He had to get accustomed to the switched seats and roads. She pulled out of the driveway and we headed to my new school called a San Francisco High School. When we got there I grabbed my backpack and lunch and jumped out of the car.
"Hey mom!" I said
"Bye sweetie! Have a good day!" Me and my mom exchanged waves and I heading in the school doors. My class was 1-C on the third floor. I headed up and slowly walked into my classroom. All eyes were on me. I gave a small wave. A group of kids started laughing. It hurt but I brushed it off. The bell rang and we all sat down.
"Class," The teacher started. "We have a new student in here today." He looked at me. "Why don't you come up here and tell us about yourself." I obeyed and went to the front of the room.
"Eh hem, hello. I am Osamu Dazai and I moved here from Yokohama, Japan. I hope we can all be friends." I got some oh's and ah's when I said I was from Japan. So I went back to my seat and sat back down. I sat next to a shirt ginger, a blonde chick and behind me was a shy-looking dude with brown fluffy hair and glasses. I was in the front row so no one was in front of me. The thing that was most interesting was that the ginger to my right had long hair that part of it draped across his shoulder.
"Hi." I said, trying to make conversation. I was pretty sure he was in that group of kids that laughed at me tho.

NAKAHARA

"Hi." I heard a slightly familiar voice say. I turned to my left and the new kid was talking to me. I tried to ignore him. "What's your name?" He asked. I could barely make out what he was saying. His accent was so strong.
"I can't understand you idiot speak more fluent."
"Oh." He cleared his throat. "Sorry is this better?" He asked, sounding exactly the same.
"No." I replied blankly.
"Oh...well I hope we can be friends anyways." He was so cheerful I almost felt sorry for the poor guy. He has no idea what's in store for him. The second bell rang and out first period started. It was math. The bell rang again after what felt like forever and we headed to our next period, reading. We just started a book and everyone took turned reading. Dazai had trouble following along. He looked to me for help.
"Where are we on page 45?" He asked. I ignored him.
"Hey!" Called the reading teacher. "Since you feel like ignoring the book why don't you read!" Dazai was startled. I could hear him gulp.

3RD PERSON

Dazai gulped. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't read or write any English. The brunette started to panic.
"Cmon we don't have all day!" Hollered the teacher. Dazai tried to read but all he got back were laughs from other students. He started to have a mental breakdown. Chuuya, the ginger, couldn't help but laugh with them. Dazai could feel the tears in his eyes.
"If you're not gonna read then someone else will for Pete's sake!" Said the teacher. He called on someone else and they read. Dazai could hear them whispering about him. Unpleasant things about him. Tears rolled down his face.
"Look!" Shouted a random kid. "He's crying!" Soon half of the class started to laugh at him. Dazai got up and made his way to the bathroom where he locked himself in a stall- slid down the door and cried into his arms. Dazai wasn't usually like this when he got bullied, but Dazai had forgotten to take his medication in the midst of getting ready for his first day, which he thought would end up better. Dazai had severe social anxiety when he didn't take the pills. When he did, however, he was the most extroverted person you'd meet. Now Dazai was sobbing, wishing he was still in Yokohama. The bell rang and Dazai pulled himself together and went to his next class. The rest of the day went like this:
History- got laughed at
Lunch- sat alone
Science- ok
Home ec-failed
P.E- forgot inhaler, had to sit out
Then it was time to leave that hellhole. Dazai packed up his stuff and as soon as the final bell rang- Dazai bolted out and jumped into his mothers car in the back seat (his mom was driving and his dad was in the passengers seat).
"So how was school hunny?" His mom asked. Dazai brought his knees to his chest and started to cry again.
"Horrible..." he winced.
"What happened?" Asked his dad.
I got teased and laughed at during history and reading...at lunch I sat alone...I failed home ec...and I had to sit out at PE...and no one could understand me cuz of my stupid accent!" Dazai had to get all that off his chest."I wish we still lived in Yokohama..."
"We're sorry you had a bad day hunny." His mom said while pulling out of the school's parking lot. "Why did they tease you?"
"I was called on to read in reading class..but I couldn't read any of it and I broke.." he said regretfully.
"Didn't you take your pills?" His dad asked. Dazai nodded no. He heard his parents sigh and no one spoke on the way home. When they got home Dazai headed to his room- slammed the door and cried into his pillow for the rest of the evening.
-
-
-
I hope you're enjoying the story so far!
Word Count: 1122)