Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I sat at my desk where I was supposed to be finishing a report for uni. It was only 2 am. Not too late, but I was really tired. I got on twitter after deciding to take a break. I noticed that I had a direct message. I was a little surprised to see Dan's name right at the top and a message from him. 'Hello there, Willow Rider.' I smiled. Most of the time I would hate anyone using my full name, even in a message, but with him, I felt as if it were okay for him to say it. It just felt right. 'Hello there, Daniel James.' I replied. I smiled as I got a reply not to long afterwards. 'What are you doing up at 2 am, Miss Willow? You should be asleep.' I shook my head, moving my fingers across the keys as I typed a reply. 'I should ask you the same question. I'm working on a report for uni.' My lips were curled up into a smile. 'You mean you should be working on a report for uni?' He was right. I should, but I was too focused in messaging him. He was so interesting and fun to talk to. 'Yeah and considering it's already 2 am, I am probably gonna fail. You are distracting me, Howell.' I laughed at my reply. I sat back in my chair, waiting for Dan's reply. 'I hate that I'm distracting you, but I want to continue talking to you.' An idea sparked in my head. 'Skype? We can chat and I can work at the same time.'
Not to long afterwards, Dan had found me on Skype and I was waiting for him to call, too awkward to call him. I heard the familiar Skype ringtone and I clicked answer. Dan's picture showed up as I answered. "Willow Rider?" His voice called through the speakers of my macbook. His voice was melodic, forming my name perfectly. I smiled, "Daniel James?" I heard him laugh quietly. "Yeah, that's me." He said. We talked for hours. Until 6 AM to be exact. He even helped me with my report and I was able to finish in time to get at least 2 hours of sleep. "You seem tired." Dan said right after a yawned. I nodded, then realized he couldn't see me. He had tried to get me to turn my camera on in those 4 hours, but was never successful. I claimed that I looked like too much off a mess to show my face. That was the truth. There were bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. My hair was put up in a messy bun which just made it look like a black mess rested atop my head. My eyes watered every time I yawned. So yes, I did look like a mess. "Yeah, a little. I have uni in 3 hours..." I told him. "Well, Willow Rider, I think it's time you go get some sleep." Dan said. I could practically hear his smile in his voice. "Same to you, Daniel James." We said our goodbyes and I closed my laptop. I slipped into bed, thinking about the brown-haired boy that I had just been talking to.