2 | LIFELESS

Eunha's POV

I creaked opened the door to my residence and briefly subjected myself to it.

I swiped a gaze around the dead silent corners and edges of the compartment which always seemed as lifeless as a wilting flower to me. The one that hasn't been treated justly, being deprived of its main necessity, water.

In my case, a family.

My heart ached and I refused to contemplate is to why. Why did a throbbing pain engulf my entire conscience as soon as I came back home every day?

I clenched the fabric over my T-shirt right above my chest tightly and squinted until I moved ahead and started hearing anomalous noises from some room at my place.

'You're just hearing stuff again Eunha. Calm down'

I flicked the buttons to the lights until luminescence absorbed the cube.

'Much better' , I thought to myself while exhaling.

Even the screeching noises ended and I figured I might be hearing stuff,

yet again.

~

Author's POV

Soobin lay sideways on his bed and nudged the Goku bobble head figure next to his table, deeply indulged in his vivid whimsies.

'Ding Dong...'

As soon as he heard the signal, he emerged from his place and advanced to see who it was to his company.

He accelerated down the stairs and to the wooden frame. After twisting the brass knob, he nonchalantly invited his friends inside.

Ofcourse, Taehyun and Beomgyu.

Kang Taehyun: An extremely sweet person and probably the most clever one.

Other details: Inability to reject someone.

"Annyeong...," they both harmonised and precisely walked into the house without the tall one's approval.

Soobin stood next to the door, wide eyed with a pout playing on his lips as if he didn't expect such a surprise to his embrace.

Beomgyu turned to see his best friend lacking behind as if he had frozen on his spot.

"Are you gonna stay there forever?" no responses earned.

Beomgyu pursed his lips and repeated.

"Ya Taehyun, you know Eunha likes playing video games-," Beomgyu started, still staring at the starstruck Soobin.

"Uh huh, what?!," Soobin retrieved his conscience back as he shut the door ahead of him .

No sooner did he observe the ironic look on Beomgyu's face, he started nervously looking sideways and then downwards towards his pink slippers.

"Let's go cram, shall we?," Beomgyu dropped bitterly.

After a short nod, both the boys went upstairs to the owner's room. They opened their books and started studying for a quiz later in the same week.

Taehyun was guiding Soobin regarding some math problems until he stopped paying attention as usual.

"You get it ?," Taehyun asked for a conformational response after he explained the solution to the problem to him.

"Huh?" he snapped out while his lips were slightly parted, looking absolutely dumb.

That supposed 'answer' just earned a disdained look from Taehyun but being the nice cutie he was, he'd never complain.