Introduction.

(thats my nan ^^ she still doesn't know I've put her on the web. she loves me.)

Hi there!

The fact that you still clicked on this story despite the less-than-professional summary makes me want to marry you.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart:)

And just so I can get this straight, I didn't publish this wonderful thing we like to call fanfiction for either of the things listed below:

• Reads

• Votes

• Shares

• Wattpad fame

• I forgot what this one was for

And

• Comments

I actually wrote this because the damn story line I made up wouldn't stop plaguing my mind so I thought 'Hey, why not just write it all down anyway' and well, that's what I did. I published it because somewhere between the 8th and 12th chapter I just had one of those crazy 'maybe other people will like it too' thoughts so what the hell, I did it. As you can see, I really live life on the edge.

So, if you're like me, you might like to know a little bit about my character's involvement before you read it and if you're not, you can skip this bit and go straight to the PLEASE READ THIS section below, it doesn't affect the story.

If you're still reading is it safe to assume you're like me? Because I'm assuming...

Anyway, my main protagonist is not, I repeat, is not a Mary Sue, nor is she a freakin' Wonderwoman.

I tried to make her as close to a normal person as I could. Of course she's going to be rough around the edges, I mean she's being forced to survive on a radioactive planet with no sense of backup with 101 criminals (yes, I just included Bellamy as a criminal because technically he was)...

When she appears, she doesn't have the strength of a body-builder or the skill of an asassin. She's just normal, a little sassy, but pretty much normal. The only skill she can offer to the Hundred is that she's an Engineer-- and she's no prodigy at that either. She also may give off the impression she can hold her own in fight, but she probably can't. Maybe just a few good punches before she's KO'ed.

Let's not forget, she always manages to find trouble (hence the title) due to her uncontrollable sharp tongue. It's actually one of the reasons she landed herself a VIP seat straight down to earth.

Now, I've read quite a few fanfictions on the 100, and I've got to say, most of them start exactly like the TV show-- the protagonist in a cell waiting to be put on the drop ship... I mean, it's not bad, I think it's a pretty good way to start off the story because, hey, that's how the TV show starts and it makes a hell of a lot more sense...

...But I read that beginning so many times I had to do my own one. So, instead of being a prisoner waiting for her inevitable execution, Carter is actually an eighteen-year-old engineer who is the daughter of Councilman Kane and as I said earlier, she manages to always get herself in a troublesome situation.

I'm not spoiling it, but the way she gets on that drop ship isn't because she was in a dull cell.

Did I mention she has a Swedish heritage? Yeah... she has a Swedish heritage. I don't know if it's possible on the Ark but you know, Carter herself isn't a character on the Ark so it can be possible. And if it isn't, I just made it possible. Again, I'm really living life on the edge.

I would also like to mention, I am not, in fact, Swedish. I just really like the language and Carter doesn't talk in the language that much and when she does, it's in bold english writing so you don't have to use Google Translator.

Carter doesn't have a dark past as such, but she does have something that slows her from moving on and being on good terms with her father.

Also, be warned, when I say 'Slow-burn' I mean it. I want it to be realistic and not something that's gonna happen within the first eight chapters. So if you like quick romance, this may not be your type of book. Another warning for you, this is The 100 so happiness and romance won't be the only thiings in this book... I'm talking negative emotions.

Anyway, you can find out more about her when you read le book. And don't worry, the actual book isn't as scattered and disorganised like this apparent 'Introduction'.

I am strictly professional when it comes to my books. Even though this is the first one I'm actually publishing.

PLEASE READ THIS

I'm down for constructive criticism, honestly, it helps when it comes to editing, but I won't deal with blatant disrespectful comments, I'm not the type of person to take the moral ground and ignore or delete the comment; I will turn nasty and I'd rather not. So please, refrain from horrible comments-- towards myself and other readers. Thank ye.

Okay, so I'm a massive 'Bellarke' shipper, like seriously if they don't get together I may just have to write an angry letter... anyway, there's no Bellarke in here as it's a BellamyxOC themed story. Also, there is a completely new character being thrown into the story line, so actions and lines may be changed in order to suit my own needs. Please don't correct me because I probably did it intentionally (maybe,)

However, please feel free to correct me on punctual, grammar or structural mistakes and I will fix them ASAP. But bare in mind, I tried to write this in the American-English way when I am in fact British, so I may have spelt some of the words differently to how Americans actually write. Although do take note I did some research and asked my American Aunt if I got most of the words right. I don't think I did too bad if I'm honest...

Also, before I forget again, some things in the actual storyline change too, I don't want it to be too drastic, but as I said, I'm manipulating the plot to suit the needs of my character. I hope you don't mind.

I do not own the book or TV show of the 100, unfortunately, nor do I own the characters apart from my own. They belong to the wonderful Kass Morgan and CW.

WARNING: There will be profanities, so if that makes you uncomfortable I suggest you either ignore it or don't read on. It's all part of Carter's charm(;

FINALLY, I bid you happy reading!

PLEASE DO NOT STEAL MY IDEAS, I DON'T LIKE IT AND I'M PRETTY SURE YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT EITHER IF YOU WORKED HARD JUST FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO STEAL THEM. DO WHAT YOU PLEASE WITH THE ACTUAL STORYLINE OF THE 100, BUT PLEASE DO. NOT. STEAL. MY. TWISTS. I WILL GET PRETTY PISSED IF YOU DO BECAUSE THEY ARE MY FREAKING IDEAS. THANK YOU.