A Second First Kiss

Please note: The picture is from AishaKami on Tumblr/Aisha_Kami on Twitter. It was a commission I asked her to draw for me. Please don't repost without permission or crediting her. She's an amazing artist and makes many adorable and cute AshEiji fan art. If you like, follow her💖

This chapter will get fluffy, romantic and really cheesy. I hope you are prepared❤️
Ines_Ivy I hope this makes up for the cliff hanger of the last chapter😉

That wasn't how I had planned that kiss at all...

When Ash had ended the kiss, Eiji felt as if everything was going in slow motion. That kiss had felt so... perfect. It had definitely felt completely different from the one in jail. It hadn't lasted very long, but it had still been beyond anything Eiji had ever imagined. It had been incredibly gentle and passionate at the same time. He had never felt so many emotions at once. Ash's gentle touch let him forget that he was a complete beginner and had no clue what he was supposed to do. But he didn't feel like an idiot. He felt as if he was loved. Special.

For the first time Ash had been completely carefree and relaxed. Eiji had been able to feel it. It was in every movement he had made, in every gesture, in every touch, in every fiber of his being. That kiss told Eiji everything that Ash had always wanted to tell him, but couldn't find the words for. It was his way of saying I love you.

When the kiss had ended, Eiji could see every tiny emotion running over Ash's face. Like a movie in slow motion. Eiji lifted himself up a bit to look at Ash's face. And he liked what he saw. An expression of pure happiness mixed in with unhidden surprise flew over his features. His eyes had widened and the green color sparkled brightly while he looked at him. There was a small shy smile playing on his lips. Eiji would have done anything to see more of that genuinely happy side of him. It made him look so much younger. Like a normal teenager. Especially when a faint blush spread across his cheeks like now.

But after a moment that happy expression was replaced by a slightly guilty one while he still stared at Eiji. He always got that look when he was overthinking things. Or when he regretted things he had done on a whim. Without thinking them through.

To Ash it was a new concept to lose control over his emotions. Being overwhelmed by them. Drawing a blank. Or his smart mind flatlining. Eiji could see in his eyes that it confused him. His eyes had darkened slightly and there appeared little wrinkles on his forehead. Ash would probably think he'd taken advantage of the situation and had forced Eiji into the kiss. Without considering what he wanted. By catching him off guard. Exactly like that one time in jail.

Eiji knew he had to react, to say something. Do something. Anything. Or Ash would probably torture himself again. Ironically it had been him who had forced a kiss on Ash this time. Eiji felt a tiny bit guilty himself. Not for kissing him. He didn't regret that at all. Quite the contrary, in fact. But for kissing him without any prior warning. Without asking him. He had been completely surprised when Ash had kissed him back. Apparently he hadn't been the only one thinking about kissing him...

Yes, it had been an accident, but that didn't mean Eiji hadn't thought about kissing Ash for a while now.  But he had also been painfully aware that Ash needed time to sort out his true feelings towards him. So he wanted to give him the time he needed. He didn't want to pressure him into something he wasn't ready for. But he had enjoyed that kiss far too much to be able to hide the huge smile that spread across his face.

"Eiji, I – "

"That was amazing!" Eiji beamed at him, his big brown eyes shining golden with pure joy while looking into his eyes.