Chapter One- The Night We Met

I'm thinking about you again. It's nothing new. Every second of the day it's you. It's always you. I wish I could relive the day we met. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. When I think of our memories it's like I'm back then. In the moment. When I first laid eyes on you, Daniel.

2012

My eyes bursted open as I was being shook awake by my best friend, Kenzie.

 "What the hell Kenzie? You know how I feel about you waking me up before noon. What time is it anyway?" I looked at her annoyed. 

"Rise and shine Addison. Get up we are going to the mall." She says full of excitement. 

"Who goes to the mall at 9 am? I'm going back to bed you can go by yourself." I groan. 

"You mind as well just get up because I am not leaving you alone until you do." She says.

 I roll myself out of bed grumpily."Happy?" I asked. "Yes. Very! Now get ready. We have to look cute" She says. 

I looked at Kenzie and she already had a full face of makeup on. Something is up. She never wakes up this early either. I get up,  take a shower, and continue getting ready. 

"You are not wearing that." Kenzie says to me.

 "Uh yeah I am Kenzie stop being ridiculous." 

"You need to wear something cuter" She says

"Im wearing a t-shirt and pants that's all. Maybe I would dress cuter if you would tell me what's going on"

She looks at me with a sketchy look on her face. "Okay fine wear that, but we need to leave now lets go!"

We get in the car and start heading into town to the mall. 

"Okay so I know you've been wondering what I am up to.. I have set up a day for you and I to go shopping, get our nails done, and our hair done." She says excitedly.

"Aw that's so cute Kenz!"

"That way we can get you a cuter outfit instead of what you're wearing.." She laughs 

"Ha Ha Ha.. very funny."

We go to the mall and pick out some really cute outfits. Kenzie got acrylics and I just got a gel manicure and pedicure. We then went to the hair salon and got blowouts. We took all day and it was already 6pm when we got back home. 

"Well that was a very eventful day." I say

"SO worth getting up at 9" She says. "Jake and Lexie are having a bonfire tonight with everyone. We are for sure going."

"Thank god. I didn't wanna waste our new look."

We eat dinner and change our clothes and head to the bonfire. We get there and Lexie runs up to us with a big smile on her face and gives us huge hugs. Her boyfriend Jake is in the back walking up with a smile on his face. 

"Thank god you guys are finally here I have missed you so much!" Lexie says to Kenzie and I.

There is a big fire with all of the usual people, except for one. I didn't recognize him. 

"Who is that?" I ask.

"Oh that's Daniel. He's really cool you guys will like him" Lexie says

We walk up to the fire and Jake introduces us.

"Daniel this is Addison one of my really good friends."

Daniel turns around and I am immediately captivated by his gorgeous sea blue eyes. He smiles at me with his pearly white teeth. He has sandy blonde hair. A perfect country boy. 

"Hi Addison. Its nice to meet you. Wow you have gorgeous hair" He says to me.

"Aw thank you its nice to meet you too!" I say. "I am going to go over by the girls now."

I walk over to the girls and we all catch up.

"Shit! I need to leave my moms pissed." Kenzie says. "Are you coming Addison? I am your ride."

"Yeah" I say starting to walk away.

"Wait!" I hear a man's voice. I turn around and see it was Daniel. "I can drive you home if you want to stay longer?" Wow. He is so sweet. I can't pass up an offer like that.

"Sure if its no problem."

"Of course its not a problem" He says. I walk over to him and we sit down away from everyone else. 

We spent all night talking. We got lost in our deep conversation and forgot we were at a bonfire with other people. 

"Okay you two party is over. We are going to bed." Jake says with Lexie. I look around and realize that everyone else had already left. 

"Alright, goodnight guys. Thanks for tonight it was a. good time."

We say our goodbyes and leave. We get into Daniel's truck. 

"Safety first darlin." He says as he buckles my seatbelt. I giggle. I lay back in the passenger seat and end up dozing off. I wake up to Daniel telling me that I am home. He walks me to the door. 

"Thank you for tonight. I had a really good time." I say to him.

"No problem, I am really glad I met you." He says. 

I go to open the door and realize that it is locked and I don't have my keys because they are in Kenzie's car. 

"Im so stupid my keys are in Kenzies car."

"Why don't you stay with me tonight?" Daniel offers. 

"Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't offer if I wasn't sure."

We drive to Daniel's house and we walk inside. I change into one of his large t-shirts and we get into bed. He leans over to me and pecks me on the lips. 

"Sweet dreams" He whispers then we both doze off. 

Thats the night I met Daniel.